+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firefox 10 Released for Mac and Windows

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Go and grab your free update today! Firefox, one of the top dogs in Internet browsers, has an update to version 10 available right now. This upgrade is from the
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Firefox 10 Released for Mac and Windows

Go and grab your free update today!

Firefox, one of the top dogs in Internet browsers, has an update to version 10 available right now. This upgrade is from the previous 9.0.1 build that many Firefox users have been using. It seems like not too long ago that we (Firefox users, at least) were all running Firefox 4. Nine months later, here we are at version 10 after the announcement of rapid releases from Mozilla.

Firefox 10 brings a few tweaks to the browser including a forward button that automatically hides itself until it has a functional purpose, for example, if you can go forward, the forward button will be there for you. But if not, then it won't. Simple enough, right? Another update has to do with full-screen Web applications. Firefox now has API (Application Programming Interface)'s for them which means that you can enjoy things such as games much more. Firefox 10 also now supports Anti-Aliasing for OpenGL. Last but not least, another new feature is that CSS3 3D transformations are now supported whereas they were not before the update.

The other parts of the update have to do with support for the <bdi> HTML5 element tag. Moreover, a bug fix that stops the browser from crashing when you are moving bookmarks around. Firefox notifications should also now work with Growl 1.3. The rest of the updates have to do with developers, which most of us here are not. If you are interested in that stuff, Mozilla's official release notes for Firefox 10 can be found here.

Unfortunately, the new Firefox 10 does not support the Mac OS X Lion full screen feature that was spotted in the Firefox 12 beta that we told you about here. The missing Lion-based full screen feature is still one of the features that is keeping some people on Mac OS X Lion from using Firefox.

How to update to Firefox 10

You can do this one of two ways.

If you are on a Mac, you can download Firefox 10 from this link. Or, you can go into your Firefox menu and select, "About Firefox" and you will notice that the update will begin automatically for you. After installing, you will need to restart the browser.

If you are on Windows, you can download Firefox 10 from this link. Or, you can go to your Help menu and select, "About Firefox" and you will notice that the update will begin automatically for you. After installing, you will need to restart the browser.

Sources: Mozilla

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Forward button dissapearing??? No thanks. I have plenty of space on my monitor, I do not like elements to change position depending on the circumnstance (hate the MS bars on office).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Actually you can turn on the full screen option. It just is not turned on by default. It must be added through the Customize option by right clicking near the toolbar.

Thanks

FF10 already? In a few months Im sure we'll be seeing FF25
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide