Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Issues Free Final Cut Pro X Software Update

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Issue Free Final Cut Pro X Software Update

On Tuesday morning, Apple released Final Cut Pro X v10.0.3, an update delivering a number of new - and best of all - free features and tweaks. The fairly hefty update, which is available now from the Mac App Store, sports a number of sophisticated tool embellishments worth noting.

Chief among the hot new amenities is the multicam editing feature, which lets users select video and photos (up to 64 angles total) and then create a Multicam Clip by automatically syncing different angles based on time of day, timecode, markers, or audio waveforms.

"You can change, add, or delete camera angles at any time and work with different codecs, frame sizes, and frame rates without conversion," the update profile reads. "When itís time to cut your multicam project, simply click in the Angle Viewer or use keyboard shortcuts to switch between angles on the fly."

There's also "Advanced Chroma Keying," which builds upon the long-established feature by adding advanced keying controls for color sampling, edge adjustment, and light wrap, among other embellishments.

Version 10.0.3 even delivers support for exporting basic primary color grades to third-party applications like DaVinci Resolve. Lastly, for the purposes of improved broadcast monitoring, Apple is making output video to an external monitor possible by way of third-party PCIe cards or Thunderbolt I/O devices.

To check out all the bells and whistles associated with the Final Cut update, click here.

Source: Apple

I feel sorry for those who couldn't see the potential of this program and jumped ship to adobe or avid when in all reality all that did was throw more money down the drain! With multi-cam editing, re-linking media, external monitor support, XML 1.1 and photoshop layer ability I wonder what people will find to complain about now? I still miss Color but there are better options available. Apple is leading the pack once again with this one!

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    I feel sorry for those who couldn't see the potential of this program and jumped ship to adobe or avid when in all reality all that did was throw more money down the drain! With multi-cam editing, re-linking media, external monitor support, XML 1.1 and photoshop layer ability I wonder what people will find to complain about now? I still miss Color but there are better options available. Apple is leading the pack once again with this one!
    Well many of us who jumped ship didn't have time to wait for Apple to get their act together and offer basic pro functions like multicam editing or native XML 1.1 support. Photoshop layers is awesome, and so it external monitor support, but they're functions Premier, Avid, and others have supported for a while now. Fact is, if you want motion graphics and to do extensive SFX, you will at least need After Effects and not to mention some sort of 3D graphics program.

Final Cut X will mature into a competent editing program, but editing houses and established editors won't make the transition til it's at least a 2.0 program.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    Good for you being able to wait.
    We are not all hobbiest or able to keep the business on pause just so we can wait for Apple to fix its program, investing in the program then sitting on their hands waiting for Apple to finally finish updating its program is flushing money down the drain (labor and business lost).
    As long as they continue to use Adobe or Avid instead of switching, the money they invested is working for them so I fail to see throwing money down the drain comment.
    There is always room for improvements, everyone knows this, so there is always something to complain about.