Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firefox 12 to Bring Full Screen to Mac OS X Lion?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The difference has to do with animations and how it is implemented. It is kind of a big deal. Can I give you a flat out answer why? Not necessarily, and you will probably disagree with my logic, however I want it to look as nice as it works. Full Screen mode in Lion leaves that utility bar at the top that feels Apple-esque.
    It has nothing to do with animations. That's just form over function, which is stupid when we're talking about a program, sorry, app you'l be using more than most others.

The real reason most people want Full Screen support in Firefox is because Lion's Full Screen mode creates a seperate Space for the Full Screen app, which can then be switched between with gestures on your trackpad/mouse. Animations have nothing to do with it, unless you bought a Mac just because it's shinier and prettier than Windows.

I still want to know why Lion's "full screen" mode isn't something any app can do (at least those that don't normally prevent resizing of the main window), instead of requiring explicit support. I just can't understand the logic of not making this an inherent trait of program windows in Lion, just like how all windows have the three "stop-light" buttons, for example. That's something that's defined at the framework level that ever window inherits without having to be explicitly written into the program itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12