+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cook Calls Claims of Factory Worker Mistreatment "Patently False and Offensive"

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by ishamiyal One of the reasons I like these articles being posted on ModMyi is that it tends to draw the few adults that still seem to frequent
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    One of the reasons I like these articles being posted on ModMyi is that it tends to draw the few adults that still seem to frequent these forums, which in turn normally turns into a fairly intelligent discussion. It's nice to see that so many people actually know when they are being baited by the media in an effort to draw readers to their periodicals. It's also nice to see so many people that still understand basic economics and business management, who while not unsympathetic to the plight of foreign workers, still understand the realities of global economics.

We cannot have reasonable prices on consumer electronic products, nor compete globally, trying to pay American workers $35 an hour, Mon-Fri, 8-5, 2-3 weeks paid vacation, with Co provided medical and dental with China paying their workers $8 dollars a week. The fact that Apple cares at all about a company they do not own or run, speaks volumes.
    +100 (can I + you that many?)

Thanks

Tim Cook: "Apple cares"
    Bill Clinton: "I feel your pain"

All meaningless spin. Actions count not words and Apple could easily stop the abuse for the entire industry by showing strong leadership here. So far they haven't to their shame and my disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    We cannot have reasonable prices on consumer electronic products, nor compete globally, trying to pay American workers $35 an hour, Mon-Fri, 8-5, 2-3 weeks paid vacation, with Co provided medical and dental with China paying their workers $8 dollars a week. The fact that Apple cares at all about a company they do not own or run, speaks volumes.
    Those who are calling attention to the gross labor abuses in Chinese factories are not suggesting the workers suddenly have Western benefits. They ARE saying it's reasonable to insist on providing environmental protection to workers and residents, improve working conditions so there aren't continuous suicides, and eliminate permanent motion-induced injuries.
    Last edited by buggsy2; 01-28-2012 at 03:22 PM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12