+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Eyes Retail Entry in India

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
It's one of the largest mobile communities in the world. And Apple has it within its retail crosshairs. According to published reports Friday, Apple is looking to launch a physical
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple Eyes Retail Entry in India

It's one of the largest mobile communities in the world. And Apple has it within its retail crosshairs.

According to published reports Friday, Apple is looking to launch a physical retail presence in India at some point soon, most likely before the end of 2012. A source from India's Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion reveals that talks with the iPhone maker have been going on for some time now. But it appears that the green light has finally been given.

Apple Inc. has made this move following the Indian government’s decision to allow full ownership of single-brand retail stores by foreign companies.
    With the retail floodgates now open in China, India makes a big and logical target for the company to pursue next. As of this writing, estimates peg India's million user base at close to 900 million. What's more, India also sports one of the world's biggest communities of Internet users (approximately 120 million). If you do the math, there's a whole lot of revenue potential for the iDevice maker in India.

Characteristically, however, Apple isn't commenting on the rumor. But the rumor may be reality before long, given how "certain" the sources are of Apple's looming retail exploits in India.

Sources: eMoneyDaily, Apple Insider

Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Planning To Open Stores

Thanks

Its about freakin time already...i sent a mail to apple and directly to steve jobs about this 3 years ago! Fools...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Love to have apple stores in India..Hope they have the same policies and service levels that they have across the world!!!! I had a 3G earlier and I recall having to wait 20 mins on the line to talk to a rep!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

apple stores have been in india forever now, I went like 3 years ago and there was one near me in ludhiana punjab at the mall, and 2 in chandigarh other locations i do not know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrave View Post
    apple stores have been in india forever now, I went like 3 years ago and there was one near me in ludhiana punjab at the mall, and 2 in chandigarh other locations i do not know.
    Dude, those aren't apple retail stores, but re-sellers. There is a huge difference between them!