+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 10.5.3 Released for Mac and PC

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iTunes 10.5.3 Released for Mac and PC

Today you can go download a new iTunes update for your Mac or Windows computer.

iTunes 10.5.3 was released today with updates allowing you to sync interactive books to your iPad through iBooks. The books are now multitouch supported meaning that you can go through and highlight things, take notes, and much more. You can buy these books from either iTunes on your Mac or PC, or through iBooks 2 which was released today for iPad along with iBooks Author. No other major changes have been made. The GUI (graphical user interface) is the same as before.

There are some requirements for downloading and installing iTunes 10.5.3 as noted by the iTunes change log.
    Mac computer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    Hardware:
    • Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5 or G4 processor and 512MB of RAM
    • To play Standard Definition video from the iTunes Store, a 1.0GHz PowerPC G4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM is required.
    • To play HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras, a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 1GB of RAM is required.
    • Screen resolution of 1024768 or greater; 1280800 or greater is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
    • Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store
    • Apple combo drive or SuperDrive to create audio, MP3, or back-up CDs; some non-Apple CD-RW recorders may also work
    • Apple SuperDrive to back up your library to DVDs; some non-Apple DVD-RW drives may also work
    Software:
    • Mac OS X version 10.5 or later
    • Safari 4.0.3 or later
    • 200MB of available disk space
    • iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match availability may vary by country.
    Windows computer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    Hardware:
    • PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor and 512MB of RAM
    • To play Standard Definition video from the iTunes Store, an Intel Pentium D or faster processor, 512MB of RAM, and a DirectX 9.0-compatible video card is required
    • To play HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras, a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor, 1GB of RAM, and an Intel GMA X3000, ATI Radeon X1300, or NVIDIA GeForce 6150 or better is required
    • Screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater; 1280x800 or greater is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
    • 16-bit sound card and speakers
    • Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store
    • iTunes-compatible CD or DVD recorder to create audio CDs, MP3 CDs, or back-up CDs or DVDs
    Software:
    • Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, 32-bit editions of Windows Vista, or 32-bit editions of Windows 7
    • 64-bit editions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 require the iTunes 64-bit installer
    • 200MB of available disk space
    • Screen reader support requires Window-Eyes 7.2 or later; for information about accessibility in iTunes, visit www.apple.com/accessibility
    If you're on a Mac computer, you can go up to the  button and select, "Software Update..." to bring up the new iTunes update. Windows users can bring up the Start Menu and search for, "Apple Software Update" to bring up the new iTunes update. If you have trouble getting that to work then you can download it manually. You can download the new iTunes here. iTunes 10.5.3 has been deemed 'jailbreak safe'. You can download and install it if you are jailbroken and not have any problems.

Are you going to be syncing multitouch iBooks with your iPad? Share in the comments.

Sources: Apple

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Went to update.... the update is not showing up yet!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow that was unexpected, my wife's MacBook Air is already obsolete and no longer supported by iTunes. She got the 11" model that came out in Late 2010, with a C2D 1.4Ghz, we bought it last spring. Less than one year old !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anyone tested yet if this version is jailbreak safe, can we still perform 5.0.1 jailbreak with itunes 10.5.3 installed?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by comhen View Post
    Has anyone tested yet if this version is jailbreak safe, can we still perform 5.0.1 jailbreak with itunes 10.5.3 installed?
    Did you read the bottom paragraph or not?

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Went to update.... the update is not showing up yet!
    Then you can snag it from the Web site; I included a link in case some people's update systems didn't find it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Anthony Bouchard;6373160]Did you read the bottom paragraph or not?

Lol sorry, i read the article but for some stupid reason i missed that part. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cocooningweb View Post
    Wow that was unexpected, my wife's MacBook Air is already obsolete and no longer supported by iTunes. She got the 11" model that came out in Late 2010, with a C2D 1.4Ghz, we bought it last spring. Less than one year old !
    Ummmm what? The reqiurements support all the way back to PPC G3. You just can't play HD videos through itunes. But VLC should play them just fine.

Thanks

Default Mac 10.5.3 ia available for update . But what about the jail break ?
    [QUOTE=comhen;6373289]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Did you read the bottom paragraph or not?

Lol sorry, i read the article but for some stupid reason i missed that part. thanks
    Don't know about the jail break yet ! to scared to try it

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cocooningweb View Post
    That's the exact one I have and it works fine for me.

[QUOTE=jonas68;6373450]
    Quote Originally Posted by comhen View Post

Don't know about the jail break yet ! to scared to try it
    And it works fine for me also, tried it out.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.