+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Slowly Phasing Out Mac Purchase Rebates

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Slowly Phasing Out Mac Purchase Rebates

Apple recently ended its $100 off a printer promotion when purchasing a Mac. The promotion usually runs yearly but no one is entirely sure why Apple decided to stop it. The company usually sells a few $100 printers in their retail stores and they advertise the promotion for “Buy a Mac, get a free printer.”

Although Apple is putting a stop to the program, they will continue to sell printers in their retail and online stores. Customers who bought a printer within 90 days of January 16, users can still claim their $100 rebate from Apple.

The company is also known for its educational rebates and discounts, including their annual back-to-school promotion which has offered gift cards and free iPods. Currently, Apple still offers discounts for students and teachers through its Education Store or at Apple Store locations and campuses though the program is more of an institution rather than a form of incentive. As of right now, it’s unclear whether Apple is in the process of slowly phasing out incentives as the company’s online store usually has some type of discount. The promotion page displays a lone advertisement of the just-canceled printer rebate currently.

What do you guys think? Did any of the incentives encourage you to buy a Mac in the past? Share any thoughts and opinions below!

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Curious but is the educational discount still good?

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

For me it saved me a stupid amount of money. Got the MBP 15" i7 sandy bridge, 256gb SSD, 8GB Ram, Anti-glare hi-res screen. Thanks to the education discount I saved over $400.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I recently saved £140 off a recent iMac 27 inch purchase, 15% discount is excellent!!!! U can even get discounts off iPads which I will b using when I get number 3 hopefully in March

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    For me it saved me a stupid amount of money. Got the MBP 15" i7 sandy bridge, 256gb SSD, 8GB Ram, Anti-glare hi-res screen. Thanks to the education discount I saved over $400.
    When was this?