+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Griffin Unveils Lossless Audio Airplay Solution With "The Twenty"

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
The Consumer Electronics Show is upon us and all sorts tech news is flowing out of Las Vegas including Griffin’s announcement of the “Griffin Twenty.” The Twenty is very much
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Griffin Unveils Lossless Audio Airplay Solution With "The Twenty"

The Consumer Electronics Show is upon us and all sorts tech news is flowing out of Las Vegas including Griffin’s announcement of the “Griffin Twenty.”

The Twenty is very much a niche product. Griffin aims to attract audiophiles of years gone by with The Twenty's ability to utilize Airplay with their aging speaker setups. The Twenty is a simple amplifier that uses an Airport Express adapter to capture and decode an AirPlay stream then send the lossless results to your speakers. A completely untethered lossless audio experience. Well, at least that’s what Griffin is promising.

The iDevice inspired amplifier houses a 2.1 sound system with 20 watts of output power per channel and supports a powered subwoofer with an automatic crossover at 80 Hz. The Twenty can stream sound from iTunes or any other AirPlay compatible app via zero-configuration wireless audio set-up.

The Twenty’s specs aren’t going to break any windows or rattle any walls, but the quality of the sound will be superb if it does indeed play and decode lossy quality sound. I wouldn’t expect this to power your next house party, but if you have an old pair of JBL, Altec, or Yamaha reference speakers, this might just be the device you need. Obviously those already with giant home theatre set-ups don’t need a device like this, but its purpose is more reserved than that. Think office or bedroom, not living-room or game-room.

As with every product announced at CES we’ll have to wait and see how this unit sounds once put into production.

Source: Griffin
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 01-09-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks

i have an old computer that i hook up to speakers via aux and i use a program called shareport4w to stream to that computer from my ipod . its better that replaceing my huge sepakers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spyruf View Post
    i have an old computer that i hook up to speakers via aux and i use a program called shareport4w to stream to that computer from my ipod . its better that replaceing my huge sepakers
    <br>Really awesome idea<br><br>