Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Acer Mimics Apple's iCloud Presentation with Unveiling of AcerCloud

Thanks

Default Acer Mimics Apple's iCloud Presentation with Unveiling of AcerCloud

Seems like another consumer electronics manufacturer has unveiled a “new” service that appears to be something very similar to what Apple has unveiled before. Acer, the Taiwanese computer manufacturer seems to have unveiled a new service called “AcerCloud” that seems to be a quite similar to Apple’s iCloud service.

The thing that makes this whole situation the most ironic is the presentation that Acer gave regarding their new cloud service. If you take a quick glance, you might even forget that you are looking at two different presentations for two services being provided by two different companies. If you want to get nit-picky, sure maybe the clouds are shaped a bit differently but both seem to contain the same number of images and portray the same devices (a laptop, a tablet, and a smartphone). To rub more salt on the wounds, Acer’s photo sharing element is named “PicStream.” I personally feel that the company could have spent a bit more time trying to create a more innovative name rather than blatantly knocking off Apple’s “Photo Stream.”

The major differences between the presentations were the location of the devices, the location of the phrase “30 days,” and the addition of a rather tasteless Wi-Fi signal indicator. Both the slides are even done on a gradient background, although one might argue that at least the colors are different.

Now, some of you might argue that Apple didn’t invest the concept of cloud computing, which is true. SugarSync’s old ads (see below) previously showed three devices communicating with the cloud to exchange media as well. What really shakes heads here is that a major manufacturer seems so desperate to be like Apple that they even do their best to mimic the Cupertino giant’s presentation slides. The presentation leaves much to be desired as it shows a lack of imagination and taste, especially from a company of Acer’s size.

How do you feel about the whole ordeal? Share any thoughts and comments below!

Source: The Verge

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. What a blatant knock off of Apple's presentation. Apple has all the right to sue.

Thanks

Guess Acer is jumping onto the Samsung bandwagon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahahahaha. This is to funny.

Apple does not own the following:

-Clouds
    -Files
    -Devices
    -Pictures of the aforementioned items

Acer didn't rip off, or copy, anything as far as I can see. In fact, Cloud storage existed before Apple started doing it, and all you need to do is google "cloud storage" and you can find hundreds of images with an almost identical layout to the two images in this post.

If Acer ripped of Apple, then Apple ripped off the hundreds of cloud storage providers before them.

Why are Apple drones so stupid? Why do Apple drones believe Apple invented EVERYTHING? It has gotten to the point where Apple drones will say that competing companies have ripped off their overlords by using chairs at their computer workstations, suggesting that Apple was the first company to pair the use of chairs at desktop computers.

I hope Apple goes bankrupt...it is the only way to free the minds of all these robots who have been brainwashed by a piece of fruit.

Oh no this is so terrible. :l

Quote Originally Posted by LivesForJihad View Post

-Clouds
    -Files
    -Devices

Acer didn't rip off, or copy, anything as far as I can see. In fact, Cloud storage existed before Apple started doing it, and all you need to do is google "cloud storage" and you can find hundreds of images with an almost identical layout to the two images in this post.

If Acer ripped of Apple, then Apple ripped off the hundreds of cloud storage providers before them.

Why are Apple drones so stupid? Why do Apple drones believe Apple invented EVERYTHING? It has gotten to the point where Apple drones will say that competing companies have ripped off their overlords by using chairs at their computer workstations, suggesting that Apple was the first company to pair the use of chairs at desktop computers.

I hope Apple goes bankrupt...it is the only way to free the minds of all these robots who have been brainwashed by a piece of fruit.
    Then they'll just be political drones or something of that nature.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

-Clouds
    -Files
    -Devices

Nobody said they owned clouds, files or devices. The article was just pointing out that Acers presentation was pretty much exactly like Apples. It is. Apple drone or not, you can't deny it.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow their graphic designers need to be a bit more creative... Lol!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

-Clouds
    -Files
    -Devices

Please leave, especially with a username like that. And nobody ever claimed they owned anything, the article just pointed out how acer took a presentation design similar to Apple's.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

-Clouds
    -Files
    -Devices

1. Nobody said apple owned any of the things you listed.
    2. Googling cloud storage produces NO images that are as similar to Apple's slide as Acer's slide is
    3. the chair comment is a bit ridiculous. Apple did make their slide before Acer. It would be ridiculous for Apple to sue acer over it, granted, but if the mimicery extends to the presentations that itself is a bid ridiculous and amusing.
    4. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Apple to go bankrupt lol.
    5. Why are anti-apple drones so stupid and bad at making credible arguments?

-Clouds
    -Files
    -Devices

/point-and-laugh-hysterically

Really know of no other way to respond, so I handle it the same way I handled the protester at the subway today that had a picture of Obama with a Hitler moustache. I pointed and laughed hysterically until he was so angry at me he missed talking to about 50 people while telling me that *I* was being obnoxious.
    Evolution of an iPhone User:
    Pager -> StarTac -> Other Moto Phones -> BlackBerry -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G --> iPhone 3Gs --> iPhone 4 --> iPhone 4S --> iPhone Implant?

Evolution of a Mac User:
    Apple ][+ -> //e -> IBM PC DOS -> Fat Mac -> Mac SE -> Windows -> Win 95 -> Win 98 -> Win 2000 -> Win XP -> Mac OS X --> Mac OS XI - Someday

iMac 27" Core i7 (2011) - MacBook Air 13" (2011) - iPad 2 32GB WiFi - iPhone 4S 32GB

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    How do you feel about the whole ordeal?
    Ordeal? Really?