+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iMac Accounts for 33% of All-In-One PC Sales

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default The iMac Accounts for 33% of All-In-One PC Sales

As portable computers continue to gain attention and sales, all-in-one PCs have become a increasingly popular in the market and the iMac seems to account for nearly a third of all sales for the market. The all-in-one desktop computer sales have grown 39% in 2010 and have reached 14.5 million units according to research firm DisplaySearch’s report revealed to Bloomberg. Out of all the desktop sales, Apple accounts for 32.9% making it the single largest all-in-one PC maker in the world.

More news that isn’t much of a surprise would be that the iMac is Apple’s all-in-one system and the company’s strongest selling desktop, coming ahead of the Mac mini and Mac Pro. Last quarter, Macs the MacBook lineups represented 75% of the Mac sales but desktop stales were still able to hit a new record for Apple. It is likely that this trend will continue in the upcoming quarterly report as well.

The company’s nearly 33% share of all-in-one desktops cause it to beat out Lenovo, the second company doing well in the market. Hewlett-Packard came in third with 21.4%. HP plans to release a new pair of desktops PCs before next week’s Consumer Electronics Show as well so we’ll have to see if that will change any results too. The two models the company plans to release are the HP Omni, an all-in-one desktop with a 27-inch screen meant for family use going on sale Jan. 8 starting at $1,200 and the Pavilion HPE h9 Phoenix, which starts at $1,150. According to Bloomberg, HP’s decisions to highlight new desktops as portables shows that Apple’s hope to “stand out from a flood of portable technology” at CES next week. DisplaySearch believes that the all-in-one desktop market is expected to continue to grow, reaching 23.3 million units by 2014.

Although the iMac continues to perform stronger than ever, Apple is said to be questioning the future of its traditional tower desktop, the Mac Pro. How do you feel about the information? Do you own an iMac? What are your thoughts about them? Share your opinions below!

Source: Bloomberg

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

I would love to have one. Definitely going to be my next computer.

Banned
    Thanks

1/3 Crapple < 2/3 PC

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yes, the iMac will be my next Apple purchase! I have a custom built pc for my recording needs so iMac will be the next purchase.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Got a 27in i5 iMac. Love it. Bonus is it only has 1 cord.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    1/3 Crapple < 2/3 PC
    I dont see how that would seem bad to them. I dont think you understand the numbers. 1 company that doesnt license its products out to anyone is the top all-in-one desktop seller. I would think they would be proud. Idk who you are laughing at, maybe HP and Lenovo, but Apple is doing pretty good in that market. I dont see why you even comment here. Maybe its to be funny? Well your not, "Crapple" is not really funny and is what I would expect from a 4th grader. Apple has some flaws, everyone does, but they have done awesome things and do make some awesome products. Give credit where it is due.

Am I feeding a troll?
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This sounds wonderful... but how many "all-in-one" pcs are there, really? I can't think of many at all... Most are just copies of the iMac...

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

mac pros are too expensive for too little performance. I've only seen them recently on films I work on, and they are used for digital archiving. What a waste of a mac pro I say
    Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone?3gs View Post
    I dont see how that would seem bad to them. I dont think you understand the numbers. 1 company that doesnt license its products out to anyone is the top all-in-one desktop seller. I would think they would be proud. Idk who you are laughing at, maybe HP and Lenovo, but Apple is doing pretty good in that market. I dont see why you even comment here. Maybe its to be funny? Well your not, "Crapple" is not really funny and is what I would expect from a 4th grader. Apple has some flaws, everyone does, but they have done awesome things and do make some awesome products. Give credit where it is due.

Am I feeding a troll?
    Wait what Crapple has flaws?? No way?? I thought all fanboys/fangirls thought Crapple was perfect

Regardless my point was that no matter how trendy Crapple has become, PC STILL OWNS JOO!!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post

Regardless my point was that no matter how trendy Crapple has become, PC STILL OWNS JOO!!
    You didn't really need to, ever so humbly, point out that out. It does say, in the title no less, that Apple was 33% of sales. Even a non-math whiz can figure out that 33% is not the majority...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings