Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Issuing Take Down Notices to Major Piracy Sources

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

exactly apple isnt suffering from anything im always dumbfounded by stuff like this. think about this for a second i have a jailbroke iphone now i go to get a new iphone that has some new features in the ios that closely resemble some cydia tweaks i already have on my iphone isnt apple infringing on those developers rights what about that and also im not gonna buy a new iphone because the one ive got is fine its jailbroke the way i like it oh wow apple just lost money the bottom line is piracy may cause apple to lose money but so does jailbreaking but some ppl dont wanna see this for some reason its my phone dmca exempt blah blah blah why do u think apple spit out 4.3.4 but jailbroken apple lovers ignore this WAKE UP WE COST APPLE MONEY NOT ONLY INSTa....STOP BEING A HYPOCRITE now plz rip me apart

I Think Its Becuase Of The Jailbreaking Apple Sales So Much iPhones... Is a iPhone Worth it With Out a Jailbreak???? Not Even Youtube Videos Can Be Watched In Good Quality If Is Not With Wifi....

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

lol most ppl do not jailbreak thats just a fact im not saying ppl dont its just they far outnumber those who do
    Last edited by Feanor64; 12-30-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    Not sure why you say it's all up to the developer. It would help if a developer was even allowed to offer free trials of apps in the AppStore. Although they are considering it according to that article. I'm fine with buying a $.99 cent app blindly (or going off the reviews), but a $50 navigation app? Hell no.
    For price problems there are free alternatives. Try Waze for navigation. Problem solved.

App developers are allowed to offer free trials. They're called Lite versions. They've been around since the dawn of the app store (Angry Birds, etc.).

Apple is still the richest company in the world... Not saying it's right to get free apps.. But it's kinda like the robin hood story.. We can't really call him a thief.. Even though he did steal

Let's not wonder how much richer apple could be.. They have too much of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    For price problems there are free alternatives. Try Waze for navigation. Problem solved.

App developers are allowed to offer free trials. They're called Lite versions. They've been around since the dawn of the app store (Angry Birds, etc.).
    Are dev's allowed to make lite versions that stop working after a given time period?

Nobody is losing out on billions of dollars. The vast majority, and I do mean vast, of people that pirate downloads is because they can't afford them, therefore they ar not losing all that money because the people would not be able to afford it in the first place. I don't condone piracy, but don't make it look like it is hurting the business to the extent you are trying make it seem.

Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
    Are dev's allowed to make lite versions that stop working after a given time period?
    Think about it.

Angry Birds lite only has one page of levels. Angry Birds has tons of pages of levels.

Timed trials or limited trials. It really doesn't make a difference they're both trials. You're trying to blindside me.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,550 Times in 7,109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Agent929 View Post
    I wouldn't say it's real news if you censor out stuff like we're 4. I'm sure most already know the name of it but god forbid it get repeated here. (yes I agree with the article, I'm just pissed because it's like blasphemy to say it on these forums regardless if we use it or not)

+1
    It's really quite simple. This forum has rules in place to protect you the members and the owners of the site. They are there so that this site does not get "take down" requests from Apple. So people still have a place to come and learn about jailbreaking and all the great things it can bring to an idevice that are legal. That is why we do not allow that app or any other regarding warez to be mentioned here. There is nothing childish about that. I cannot speak for everyone but I do not judge what you or any other member may do to your device on your own time. However if you want to post on this site you will follow the rules.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (12-30-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by SYFARpr View Post
    I Think Its Becuase Of The Jailbreaking Apple Sales So Much iPhones... Is a iPhone Worth it With Out a Jailbreak???? Not Even Youtube Videos Can Be Watched In Good Quality If Is Not With Wifi....
    I have my 4S and iPad 2 up for sale because I can't stand it without it jailbroken.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Let ********* crash and burn!

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I use "that app" all the time, I see no reason why I should pay for an App that I was never going to buy in the first place and then never use it. May as well use "that app" to try it out.
    We hackers will just stay a step ahead of apple just like the reason we jailbreak it does not hurt the greedy pigs I will never pay for a app if I can get it free there is no reason too would you work for less money if a job payed more or pay more income tax just because you could of course NOT!

Apple is just plain Greedy that is the only reason for this I for one will never stop using cracked apps would you pay more income tax just because you could of course NOT!
    Last edited by tridley68; 12-30-2011 at 06:55 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

This thread is gonna get TONS of debate. This subject is not as black and white as the author depicts it to be.
    El Zurdo

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It's not Apple's job to offer trial periods. It's the developer's job. The big picture here is that if you need something - know what you want and then buy it. You don't need to pirate for an excuse to get things for free - trying it or not.

I have asked numerous developers in person if I could try something and they were more than happy to let me have a try with it.
    I wholeheartedly disagree. How hard would it be to allow an hour to refund an app? Answer: it wouldn't. A lot of trials on apps in the app store are incredibly limited because they have to be. Short of requiring a log-in, there is often no way to give all of the functionality of an app and then still give incentive to actually go out and buy it. I am sure MANY a developer would be perfectly happy to allow a trial time for the software. If you enjoy the software, just keep it after the trial period. If not, drop it for a full refund.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    This thread is gonna get TONS of debate. This subject is not as black and white as the author depicts it to be.
    Don't blame me - blame the rules. I can only discuss what is permitted here.

Quote Originally Posted by katsumex View Post
    Posted by skrillex

Sorry just my opinion on this
    It's one thing if the author is saying its ok, it's another for you to say that everything should be free even if the author says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    It's one thing if the author is saying its ok, it's another for you to say that everything should be free even if the author says otherwise.
    Exactly; if the author lets you then you're fine. Consent to own something is different than just taking it.

I have been both a pirate and a developer for years and can say that like it or not developer programing and reverse engineering go hand in hand, I develop stuff and sell it because I have no money either but I also give it away free if asked, I crack stuff and have been for a good 12-13 years, I havent brought (with the exception of an anti virus software that I share a 3 pc licence with) a pc app, phone app, opperating system, album or film for all that time, love me or hate me the reason I havent is I couldnt afford to,& that aint likely to change any time soon! So really no one has lost out but I have gained a respect for for the music films software and games I've had the pleasure in usingall these years, as a developer I would be happy to see people wanting to share and pirate my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    We hackers will just stay a step ahead of apple just like the reason we jailbreak it does not hurt the greedy pigs I will never pay for a app if I can get it free there is no reason too would you work for less money if a job payed more or pay more income tax just because you could of course NOT!

Apple is just plain Greedy that is the only reason for this I for one will never stop using cracked apps would you pay more income tax just because you could of course NOT!
    Apple is being greedy when you are taking stuff you didn't earn? Not all the developers of these apps are rich, most of the money you are taking away is from them.

I think that if apple wanted to curve some of the "piracy" they should allow more into the app store. Allow stuf like winterboard or dreamboard. Things like sb setting. My3g etc etc etc

That's the main reason I jb. For those apps among others

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast