+ Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Issuing Take Down Notices to Major Piracy Sources

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
I use "that app" all the time, I see no reason why I should pay for an App that I was never going to buy in the first place and
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I use "that app" all the time, I see no reason why I should pay for an App that I was never going to buy in the first place and then never use it. May as well use "that app" to try it out.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I use "that app" all the time, I see no reason why I should pay for an App that I was never going to buy in the first place and then never use it. May as well use "that app" to try it out.
    I see no reason for you to own an application that you were never going to buy in the first place.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

If apple would implement some sort of refund policy like the android market has that would be a great alternative. On my droid if an app is crap and doesnt work right I can request a refund, if I could do this on my iPhone to that would be awesome.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hbdragon88 View Post
    You-Know-Who's philosophy is that they do this because Apple doesn't offer refunds or a trial period.

If either was implemented, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
    I would love this idea, but I highly doubt it would impact the "hackers"

And just for the record...apple isn't suffering from anything
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    We all realize that "that" app has used capchas almost since it has ever been out and that the advertisements are all over the download pages. I don't think apple will be able to take down the servers successfully. And I don't get why they don't say the name because we all know it is either ******* or *******

Admin edit
    Last edited by Broomhead; 12-30-2011 at 05:00 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That is the comment of the week!

I am going to apply that logic to everything for the week. It rocks.

Thanks

"That App" I have alot of iPhone users asking how to jailbreak. In the beginning jailbreaking was about, themes, tweaks, and utilities. Now alot of people only jailbreak for piracy, that has given the jailbreak community a black eye. I think is very bad for the future of jailbreaking. I've bought apps that have been horrible, and I was out what .99 to 4.99. If thats gonna break you, you should have a iPhone to start with.

Thanks

And I bet a mod takes those names out of your post. If they can't report in full then don't report on it at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tylorddude123 View Post
    We all realize that "that" app has used capchas almost since it has ever been out and that the advertisements are all over the download pages. I don't think apple will be able to take down the servers successfully. And I don't get why they don't say the name because we all know it is either ****** or ******
    OH MY GOD!

You've said it! Your going to burn in hell!!!
    Last edited by Broomhead; 12-30-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks

Admin Edit:
    Quoting the warez only creates more work for us mods.... Report it and move on

My Edit:
    Please don't remove my comment, just remove the quote.
    Last edited by Agent929; 12-30-2011 at 10:32 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Piracy is one thing, I dont agree with stealing anyones work. But attacking third party apps is another ballgame. Get over yourself Apple. You made a great operating system! That's why we want to exploit what it could REALLY DO, if you'd STOP LIMITING IT!!

Thanks

apple needs to issue out the "refund within 15 minutes" policy like the Androids. Reasons like this is why an iPhone 5 will be a tough item for me to purchase. Android is looking better and better and ICS will be a game changer.

Thanks

I know ill get criticism for this, but o well. I am willing to bet any amount of money that anybody who says they never downloaded a cracked app, movie torrent or any other pirated material are flat out liars. It is only reality that within the world we live everybody wants something for free and if they can get it for free they will. Apple just wants another excuse to flex their muscles, but they will soon realize there fighting another loosing battle.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Agent929 View Post
    And I bet a mod takes those names out of your post.
    that's a safe bet post cleaned

Thanks

I'm against pirating 100%, but we need some way to at least try out apps. Every app doesn't get reviewed and there is 1000 crappy apps for 1 great app. Even iTunes lets you sample a song and you can watch a trailer on a movie. Just Sayin (shrugs)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    The music industry has failed to beat piracy
    The film industry has failed to beat piracy

Can't see Apple winning where everyone else has failed on this front
    Apple arguably SAVED the music industry and could potentially save the film industry with its Apple TV, iPad and rumoured Smart TVs. Whose to say a company which has succeeded where others have failed can't do it again? Remember that Apple are leaders in innovation, it's why they are the billion dollar giant they are today.

But don't get me wrong, I totally agree that you can NEVER beat piracy because these hackers are too dam good and where major public companies must abide by the law and regulations, the 'anonymous' hackers - do not (because they are difficult to identify and compromise). However, what I'm saying is that Apple WILL come up with an idea in which reduces the need for piracy or a new, stronger and more efficient security structure.

Aren't you contradicting yourself a little?

Thanks

Sadly there really is no real way to end piracy for good. They will always find loopholes and ways around the law when someone tries to shut them down. Take the piratebay.. Theyre still up and running after probably the biggest court case of its kind against them. Limewire shut down so then what... Frostwire opens up the next day. Apple should know from that experience alone that sadly its a hopeless effort. The name of the company and app that I cannot mention on this site had once been run by a different set of developers who shut it down and handed it over to others who only made things EASIER and bigger for pirates. If SOPA could have been implemented only on its core idea to remove piracy sites and didnt throw in all that other political BS it would be an amazing bill. Sadly with shady companys like this piracy company, it would need to be an international effort, and with the way politicians these days love to stop important bills and make it take forever to get stuff done, I dont see an end of piracy any time in the foreseeable future

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    that's a safe bet post cleaned
    he forgot to clean my quote lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Posted by skrillex
    happy holidays just like I promised.... just like i always say, go pirate it if you don't have money..i just want you to have it... or you can buy it here..either way I'll love you Bangarang EP [Big Beat Records] :: Beatport
    Sorry just my opinion on this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It's not Apple's job to offer trial periods. It's the developer's job. The big picture here is that if you need something - know what you want and then buy it. You don't need to pirate for an excuse to get things for free - trying it or not.

I have asked numerous developers in person if I could try something and they were more than happy to let me have a try with it.
    Not sure why you say it's all up to the developer. It would help if a developer was even allowed to offer free trials of apps in the AppStore. Although they are considering it according to that article. I'm fine with buying a $.99 cent app blindly (or going off the reviews), but a $50 navigation app? Hell no.