Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV 4.4.4 Untethered Jailbreak With Seas0npass Released

Thanks

How do you plug in the apple tv into a Mac?
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Quote Originally Posted by s0ulp1xel View Post
    With the micro USB cable!! U have to buy it!!

FireCores atvflash is where it's at. You can stream virtually any content, including mkv and xvid without any conversion tricks. Yes it costs $$, but it is 100% worth it. Also, my ATV /did/ replace my cable service. I use Netflix instead of paying for some ridiculous package and love it; I dropped my tv service a year ago. Then again, I'm not really into sports which is what many people have these crazy tv packages for.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

I just bought an ATV2 and i am new to this ATV thingy, trying to restore to AppleTV2,1_4.4.4_9A406a_SP_Restore.ipsw created by SeasOnpass but i am getting error 1600. Any idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Milk0 View Post
    #Winning
    Nice! I was just about to return my Christmas gift after I upgraded because a tweek crashed it.

U can get 75 000 free hd or dvd quality movies and tv shows by installing "icefilms" in xbmc!!
    This is crazy! Why do people say there is not much to do on a jailbroken apple tv?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Managed to jailbreak my new ATV2 at 4.4.4 , you need to turn off firewall and do the pwned dfu thing and it is so different from iphone the way you trigger it but I don't have a HDTV yet...

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyCapone View Post
    I just don't see what advantages this gives i guess i need to read up on NitoTV and XBMC. It's great that Apple TV can be jailbroken just seems there isn't much you can do with it once it is.
    Well...you're right in that there isn't a whole lot you can do with it...but the few things you can do are pretty cool. The main reason, as has already been mentioned, is Plex. You can install Plex on your computer from Plex - A Complete Media Solution to see what it can do. Be sure you download the media server also.

What Plex basically does is scour the internet for web pages that offer video (Hulu, YouTube, JustinTV, ABC, PBS, Comedy Central, etc.) and pools them all into one location so you don't have to browse from page to page. It's quite awesome if you can get it to work.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get plex running smoothly on my ATV2.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jerthepyouts View Post
    U can get 75 000 free hd or dvd quality movies and tv shows by installing "icefilms" in xbmc!!
    This is crazy! Why do people say there is not much to do on a jailbroken apple tv?
    I think what people mean is there is not much to do on jailbroken apple tv that is legal.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My AppleTV would be practically worthless without jailbreak (and thus no xbmc)

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    My AppleTV would be practically worthless without jailbreak (and thus no xbmc)
    Same thing here. I waited until XBMC was "stable" on the Apple TV before buying it. This software is just amazing, I don't even use the Apple TV menu outside of hitting XBMC . I was happy with my 4.3 untheter but I'm glad that I can now have AirPlay mirroring from my iPad 2 as well. Pretty cool!

No joy!

Keep getting blocked by iTunes loading the custom firmware. "Apple TV cannot be restored (error 1600)"

Anyone know how to get around this on OSX Lion and iTunes 10.5.2??

I went with the seas0npass recommendation of having the latest version of iTunes, but I suspect that's what's hindering me.

This works fantastically.
    Once you do such.
    You will never go back.
    A TOTALLY different device.
    I love streaming from all sources.
    I love having this small black box accept almost any type of file.
    I sorta consider the apple tv useless without jailbreaking it.
    (Unless you simply want to buy content from apple.)
    On a side note.
    If you Jailbreak it.
    Use XBMC.
    Incredibly powerful.
    I rarely leave its interface for anything.
    Except Netflixs.
    Happy new years.
    Much love.
    Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by s0ulp1xel View Post
    Micro usb to usb.
    I believe.
    Jawbones come with such a cable.
    Worked for me.
    Good luck.
    Totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    No joy!

Keep getting blocked by iTunes loading the custom firmware. "Apple TV cannot be restored (error 1600)"

Anyone know how to get around this on OSX Lion and iTunes 10.5.2??

I went with the seas0npass recommendation of having the latest version of iTunes, but I suspect that's what's hindering me.
    I had a similar problem. I ended up restoring with stock 4.4.4 firmware first, then used Seas0npass and I was able to restore with the custom firmware. You could try that.

Default ATV2 def worth buying
    Just got Apple TV2 for christmas. Out of the box, this thing is pretty weak as you have to pay for pretty much everything it offers. Jailbroke the ATV2 to get NitoTV, XBMC, and ATV Flash (had to pay for it). These upgrades make ATV2 a completely different device and now that it supports the untethered jailbreak, I just unplugged it from my tv and brought it over to my gf's apartment to stream free movies from icefilms and Navi-X. Im def waiting to see if running iOS apps on appletv works because that would just give another reason to shell out the $99 for an ATV2.
    Download My Bliss Weather Mod for LowerAW: http://www.mediafire.com/?pelfb6v1imjfrm6

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rylax26 View Post
    Just got Apple TV2 for christmas. Out of the box, this thing is pretty weak as you have to pay for pretty much everything it offers. Jailbroke the ATV2 to get NitoTV, XBMC, and ATV Flash (had to pay for it). These upgrades make ATV2 a completely different device and now that it supports the untethered jailbreak, I just unplugged it from my tv and brought it over to my gf's apartment to stream free movies from icefilms and Navi-X. Im def waiting to see if running iOS apps on appletv works because that would just give another reason to shell out the $99 for an ATV2.
    Could you point me in the right direction to install icefilms on on my apple TV...I think i know how to do it, but I tried it on my iPad 1st Gen cuz i have XBMC on there and i put the zipped file on my ipad using iExplorer and found the file through settings on XBMC and tapped on it, but it failed to install. Any help or links would be much appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind i got Icefilms and Navi-X installed. Just tried it again, and for some reason it worked this time. Thanks for the heads up on Navi-X never even heard of it before.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 01-01-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achtungbaby View Post
    anyone having problems? i get itunes errors after the restore (1600,1602)
    Same here. There's something called iReb that is supposed to help bypass them if you're using windows. I can't even get iReb to open because I'm getting some .net framework error from windows. I think it's because I'm using XP.

If you find any other solution let me know.

I'm on windows and getting the iTunes errors(1600,1604). Tried several different times with no luck. If anybody knows a fix please post for all of us having this problem.

FYI to anyone just jailbreakiing: don't waste your money on ATV Flash from Firecore. I paid for it and:

1. Nito TV does nothing
    2. XBMC won't install through ATV Flash menu or Nito TV
    3. Plex isn't even an option to install, even though their website lists it as part of the package.

So, basically I paid $30 to get the world's slowest web browser and weather on my Apple TV. NO THANKS!!

Oh, but they offer you ways of installing XBMC yourself, which is basically the same info you can find on XBMC's site to do it yourself for free.

So, again, don't waste your money. Just go out and find the walkthroughs to install the software yourself.

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

I am running into an issue where I get the connect to iTunes on my screen. Any ideas? Upgraded to 4.4.4, jailbreak with season pass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast