+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rare Photo of Steve Jobs Flipping Off IBM Made Public

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Yeah, believe it or not, this is the professional Steve Jobs in his prime time. Steve Jobs, the former CEO of Apple before his unfortunate passing, had a crazy childhood.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Rare Photo of Steve Jobs Flipping Off IBM Made Public

Yeah, believe it or not, this is the professional Steve Jobs in his prime time.

Steve Jobs, the former CEO of Apple before his unfortunate passing, had a crazy childhood. He was a rebellious hippie that tripped on acid and figured out how the world spun at an early age. Back in the glory days, he wouldn't shower, he would go around barefoot, and create Apple in the process. We know how charismatic Steve Jobs was with Apple because Apple was his passion. With Apple being such a passion of Steve's, it makes a whole lot of sense that he would go to great lengths to make Apple look good and to make other companies look inferior.

Perhaps one photograph that stands out among them all is this rare photograph of Steve Jobs giving the IBM logo on the side of a building the middle finger. It's Steve with all of his rebellious spirit. The photograph was made public today by one of the original Macintosh team members, Andy Hertzfeld, on his Google+ account. The photograph was taken in New York City in the year 1983 by a French man that the team was hanging out with named Jean Pigozzi when the Macintosh team visited the city to have a meeting with Newsweek.

Hertzfeld's editor had begged him to include this photograph in Hertzfeld's book, but of course, Hertzfeld was too timid to ask Steve to include the photo in his book because Apple was doing business with IBM at the time for their processors. It's nice that Hertzfeld had the heart to take that into consideration, because if IBM didn't provide Apple with the processors they needed for their computers back in those days, who knows exactly where Apple would be today. Of course, Apple uses Intel processors now, but without IBM who knows how advanced Intel would be these days.

Judging the smile of Steve's face, he was having a lot of fun. Whatever you might call it - rotten company partnership, crude business jokes, or Steve just being his rebellious self, Steve still remains as one of the world's top influences of this century. This is a photo that should be added to any real Apple fan's collection. What are your thoughts and comments about this photograph? Share in the comments!

Sources: Andy Hertzfeld

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

lmao thats funny

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Lmao. x)

Thanks

Lmao

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Priceless

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

+1 to Steve jobs! Def. funny!

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

I bet he would be the same about Samsung today. Even though they are massive customers.

Thanks

Rofl
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

roflmao pwned

Thanks

Lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

he's just being silly

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mysterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    and that's the bottomline because Steve Jobs said so!
    iPhone 4 Verizon

Untethered jailbroken w/ Sn0wbreeze

Thanks

I've seen this picture around for a while. What constitutes making it public?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

its funny i wonder who is standing under an apple logo these days and doing that very same thing.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

Yeah, believe it or not, this is the professional Steve Jobs in his prime time.

Steve Jobs, the former CEO of Apple before his unfortunate passing, had a crazy childhood. He was a rebellious hippie that tripped on acid and figured out how the world spun at an early age. Back in the glory days, he wouldn't shower, he would go around barefoot, and create Apple in the process. We know how charismatic Steve Jobs was with Apple because Apple was his passion. With Apple being such a passion of Steve's, it makes a whole lot of sense that he would go to great lengths to make Apple look good and to make other companies look inferior.

Perhaps one photograph that stands out among them all is this rare photograph of Steve Jobs giving the IBM logo on the side of a building the middle finger. It's Steve with all of his rebellious spirit. The photograph was made public today by one of the original Macintosh team members, Andy Hertzfeld, on his Google+ account. The photograph was taken in New York City in the year 1983 by a French man that the team was hanging out with named Jean Pigozzi when the Macintosh team visited the city to have a meeting with Newsweek.

Hertzfeld's editor had begged him to include this photograph in Hertzfeld's book, but of course, Hertzfeld was too timid to ask Steve to include the photo in his book because Apple was doing business with IBM at the time for their processors. It's nice that Hertzfeld had the heart to take that into consideration, because if IBM didn't provide Apple with the processors they needed for their computers back in those days, who knows exactly where Apple would be today. Of course, Apple uses Intel processors now, but without IBM who knows how advanced Intel would be these days.

Judging the smile of Steve's face, he was having a lot of fun. Whatever you might call it - rotten company partnership, crude business jokes, or Steve just being his rebellious self, Steve still remains as one of the world's top influences of this century. This is a photo that should be added to any real Apple fan's collection. What are your thoughts and comments about this photograph? Share in the comments!

Sources: Andy Hertzfeld
    Yeah. How do you know all this?
    I read the biography too!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I bet he would be the same about Samsung today. Even though they are massive customers.
    +1

It wouldn't surprise me if a similar picture, video or quote depicting the degradation of Samsung will become public when Apple no longer need their co-operation
    Steve Jobs - Gone but never forgotten.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie5374 View Post
    Yeah. How do you know all this?
    I read the biography too!
    What do you mean how do I know all this? Read the source.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cmalinowski View Post
    I've seen this picture around for a while. What constitutes making it public?
    same here!? what makes this public? I've had this photo on my computer for ages!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This Guy! Huh? Huh? Yeah This Guy!! Right Right Yeah! Awesome.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Classy...