Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Intel's New Ivy Bridge Processors Pegged for April Release

Default Intel's New Sandy Bridge Processors Pegged for April Release

Intelís Ivy Bridge processors finally have an official release date of April 8, 2012 beating the company's timeline leaked earlier this year by a month, according to Digitimes.

Intelís next generation processors will have a 22-nanometer architecture across 25 different processors, 17 for desktops and eight for notebooks. The notebook processors will reportedly include model numbers 3820QM and 3720QM and retail for $568 and $378. Ivy Bridge notebook processors will feature Intel's new integrated HD Graphics Architecture will likely find homes in Appleís updated Macbook Pros.

The report also mentions a new core i7-3667U processor and core i5-3427U processor designed for Intelís ultrabooks. The i7-3667U will reportedly clock in at 2GHz and overclocking to 3.2Ghz in single-core mode. The i5-3427U will run at a slightly slower 1.8GHz and overclock to 2.8GHz in single-core mode. Apple's Macbook Air will reportedly house these processors as well.

Intelís always delayed release plans and insistence on including integrated graphics solutions on their mobile chips hasnít played well with Apple. Integrated graphics, no matter how advanced, pale in comparison to mobile solutions from AMD and Nvidia. Appleís impatience with Intel is rumored to have nearly reached a tipping point resulting in Appleís exploration for new processor manufacturers like AMD.

However, it appears Intel will power Appleís next lineup of notebooks which are rumored to support retina displays capable of displaying 2,800 x 1,800 pixels. To put that in perspective, the 27Ē iMac sports a resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels. If history repeats itself, expect Apple's notebooks and desktops to get Intel's latest chips earlier than the April. Intel has a habit of providing Apple with first runs of soon-to-be released chips.
    Source: Digitimes [via AppleInsider]

Thanks

Hmmmm.. I find this article to be shallow and pedantic.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Hmmmm.. I find this article to be shallow and pedantic.

Ha well it is a rather pedestrian subject matter. Hard news usually isn't too deep, that's what features and opinion pieces are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    Ha well it is a rather pedestrian subject matter. Hard news usually isn't too deep, that's what features and opinion pieces are for.
    Shouldn't the title be, "Intel's New Ivy Bridge Processors Pegged for April Release"?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Shouldn't the title be, "Intel's New Ivy Bridge Processors Pegged for April Release"?
    Ha I'll chalk that up to a late long day and late night in progress...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    Just messing with you bro

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

It is news I can use. I am planning the purchase of a new 27" iMac and I am waiting for the Ivy Bridge for it's built in USB 3.0. The sooner they release the better!

Perfect, almost time to replace that 2600k in my dedi folding rig

25 new processors! Wow, fragmentation much?
    How about keeping it simple. A basic, moderate and powerhouse processor. There 3 CPU's. 6 tops if you want a separate one for notebooks that focus on energy consumption. But 25, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by cypherstream View Post
    25 new processors! Wow, fragmentation much?
    How about keeping it simple. A basic, moderate and powerhouse processor. There 3 CPU's. 6 tops if you want a separate one for notebooks that focus on energy consumption. But 25, wow.
    So what about servers, they can't use desktop cpus because they don't have the same features?
    Also:
    Sandybridge has over 50 CPU's
    Core 2 had over 100