+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reopens iTunes Connect A Day Early

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Reopens iTunes Connect A Day Early

Apple previously mentioned that iTunes Connect would be shut down from December 22 to December 29, but the website went back up today (a day early). For those of you who don’t already know, iTunes Connect is the portal for Apple iOS and Mac developers where they can upload and submit new application, make changes to their App Store pages, obtain promotional codes, check sales reports, etc.

We previously mentioned that app developers typically see sales increases due to the jump in iOS device sales during the holidays. Just yesterday we reported how Apple ended up seeing a 353% increase in typical iOS device activation statistics on Christmas day alone. I can only imagine how many people are rushing to the App Store to try and get some cool, fun, and useful apps for their new iOS devices.

Several developers recently reported in the last couple of days that its price changes scheduled for December 25 have started to appear. Price changes were delayed from appearing on Christmas day but have begun to appear before Apple’s previously noted reopen date for App Store submissions and changes.

I know many people were getting antsy with the App Store freeze. Now that everything is back to normal, how do you feel? Are there any app updates or submissions you are excited for? Share any thoughts and opinions below!

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My sales went up but not massively.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My sales also went up on Christmas day. A lot of people must have gotten new iPhones/iPods/iPads and/or iTunes Gift Cards. My sales could go up even more if you would buy my app. It is called Gateway. It is a game similar to Portal and Portal 2. If you have ever played Portal or Portal 2 you should really check it out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iTunes Connect is open but not 100% live until December 30th. Uploading and modifying the app itself still doesn't work (via Application Loader & iTunes Connect).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The iTunes Connect developer portal came back online early Wednesday morning, allowing app makers to manage their products a full day earlier than scheduled.

Apple notified developers earlier in December that the service would be shut down for the holidays from Dec. 22 to Dec. 29, and those who attempted to access the site before Wednesday were met with a standard "Sorry We're Closed" landing page.

iTunes Connect gives developers the tools necessary to manage content offered through Apple's App Store like daily and weekly sales trackers, contract management and financial reports.

The site is an integral part of maintaining a business through the App Store and is the only way to submit new apps and updates to existing products.

According to recent reports, sales are up across iOS devices with apps tailored for the iPhone alone seeing an 83 percent boost year-to-year as of November.