+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV Sets Due Next Year in 32" and 37" Flavors

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Zokunei That's not big enough. +1111111
    Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    That's not big enough.
    +1111111

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    You could have honored it a little sooner and never started started saying that. :P By the way, using it in response to "that's not big enough" is extremely old and falls limp in humor
    I assume the pun was intended. Lol.

As far as price points, giving Apple's history, even at 32" to 37", we would see $1,200 to $1,500. You're not just purchasing hardware. Apple's software is just as much a commodity as their hardware (to them, not us).

As for the size, I couldn't care less about size. Apple has been and should continue to remain in the mobile market with iPods, iPads, and iPhones. Apple TV set-tops can still be mobile and those devices aren't necessarily popular.

Resolution, I would assume, would be similar to their LCD and LED monitors for their Macs. While it wouldn't start out as "Retina" at first, later refreshes would see crisp non-pixelated awesomeness of Retina HD displays.

If you have the Apple TV set-top, there is absolutely no reason to purchase the Apple TV if they choose to develop such a monstrous thing. IMHO

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    That's....what....she......

So tempting to finish that, but for the sake of intelligent discussion I concur. Apple needs to hit that sweet spot of 42" minimum to satisfy home theatre enthusiasts.
    +1 (y)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Smart TV's are a stupid idea. I don't care who makes them. I just don't see why anyone would think this is a good idea.

Just let me buy my $100 box to plug in. As long as Apple keeps the separate ATV box, they can fail at selling TVs all they want for all I care.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The prices are not going to be as high as Bang&Olufsen TVs. And B&O stil makes alot of money. I don't think apple is going to fail at selling TVs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Listen2Dubstep View Post
    The prices are not going to be as high as Bang&Olufsen TVs. And B&O stil makes alot of money. I don't think apple is going to fail at selling TVs
    No one is saying that Apple will fail at selling TVs. What some of us are trying to say is that Apple selling TVs is a fail. Given the fact that most Apple products are 1.5 to 2.5 times the cost of competitive counterparts, it wouldn't be as economic to buy the Television compared to buying a Smart TV (or comparable TV) and having the Apple TV set-top box.

A decent size and quality TV these days is about $800 plus an additional $99 for Apple TV set-top. $900 is better than my assumed $1200 to $1500 Apple Television (and for a max of the claimed 37"). IMHO

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    No one is saying that Apple will fail at selling TVs. What some of us are trying to say is that Apple selling TVs is a fail. Given the fact that most Apple products are 1.5 to 2.5 times the cost of competitive counterparts, it wouldn't be as economic to buy the Television compared to buying a Smart TV (or comparable TV) and having the Apple TV set-top box.

A decent size and quality TV these days is about $800 plus an additional $99 for Apple TV set-top. $900 is better than my assumed $1200 to $1500 Apple Television (and for a max of the claimed 37"). IMHO
    I agree 100%. But if you think about it, Apple products are first of all very stylish compared to others. This makes a huge difference for some. They want a TV they look at everyday in the living room, you want this to be beatiful. Another thing to take in mind, is that Apple products are always A LOT easier to use than other devices. Especially the software. It is so well-made. It is very user friendy, and easy to use for everyone. And imagine all this in a TV, combined with for example features from what we today know as an Apple TV. iTunes built in, maybe apps, use idevices as remote, Air-play, iCloud, everything we know from today's Apple devices. This could be a huge succes.

Just my imagination going wild

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Listen2Dubstep View Post
    I agree 100%. But if you think about it, Apple products are first of all very stylish compared to others. This makes a huge difference for some. They want a TV they look at everyday in the living room, you want this to be beatiful. Another thing to take in mind, is that Apple products are always A LOT easier to use than other devices. Especially the software. It is so well-made. It is very user friendy, and easy to use for everyone. And imagine all this in a TV, combined with for example features from what we today know as an Apple TV. iTunes built in, maybe apps, use idevices as remote, Air-play, iCloud, everything we know from today's Apple devices. This could be a huge succes.

Just my imagination going wild
    Don't get wrong, I can see huge potential in that kind of market, but aside from Apple TV, we live in a hands-on touch and gesture world. While there is a growing demand for Smart TVs, Apple needs Smarter TVs. They need to be ahead of the game.

iOS is extremely easy and fluid in the UI arena, but how do you integrate that same UI into a TV?

I still think that from an economical standpoint, finding alternatives to mimick or duplicate would be more financially responsible. IMHO

I suppose we'll have to let it play out and see how it goes. Personally, depending its success, I'll wind up getting the 2nd Gen. We all know how that goes. Lol.
    Last edited by Hillefied; 12-28-2011 at 03:02 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post

Have you seen the inflation of apple tax lately?
    Are you insane? The iPad, iPhone, Apple TV etc are extremely well priced. This notion that apple would enter any market priced out of the competition is idiotic.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Smart TV's are a stupid idea. I don't care who makes them. I just don't see why anyone would think this is a good idea.

Just let me buy my $100 box to plug in. As long as Apple keeps the separate ATV box, they can fail at selling TVs all they want for all I care.
    Actually they have become very handy and are generally same price as normal tv. Having Netflix and Hulu and other apps built right in then you can avoid having another box and cords going around.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12