+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quicken for Mac to Receive Mac OS X Lion and Snow Leopard Compatibility Update

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Quicken for Mac to Receive Mac OS X Lion and Snow Leopard Compatibility Update

As the holiday season is nearing its end and tax season is about to begin, the folks over at Quicken are seeking to bring what appears to be a holiday gift that many Mac users will appreciate. The company has emailed users that it will finally begin to offer a version of Quicken that will run under Lion and Snow Leopard.

Aaron Forth of the Inuit Personal Finance Group wrote the following to users in an email recently: "I understand the frustration this may have caused you and have put a team in place to address this issue. I am happy to announce that we will have a solution that makes Quicken 2007 for Mac 'Lion-compatible' by early spring."

With the Apple products and the Mac OS X products becoming more and more popular over the years, Intuit has lost a lot of customers over the issue of compatibility. The company has created a page with more details about the update on its website along with a link where customers can be notified when the new version ships. What's probably a bit more aggravating with the whole ordeal is that Bill Campbell, the former CEO of Quicken parent company, Intuit, is a member of the Apple Board of Directors. You would figure someone with such a position would at least have the software his company makes be compatible with Apple products.

After the release of Lion, Intuit mentioned they had no plans to release a Lion-friendly version of its application and furthermore, itís been 5 years since the software has been updated. Furthermore, Intuit has offered Quicken Essentials for Mac but it wonít load Quicken 2007 files and the software is unable to perform online bill paying.

Are any of you excited to hear the news? Do any of you plan to pick up the new version upon its release? Share any thoughts and opinions below!

Source: Intuit

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Sorry Intuit, love ya--mean it, but you've been too gone for too long. Unless you're planning on catching up new features and functionality along with making a Lion compatible product, I'm not interested. I loved you all through my first career in accounting, but you have to learn to adapt to changing operating system times. My new love, iBank is a little immature and has his quirks, but he supports me 100%. I'm glad to hear you're making some effort, but it's too late baby, now it's too late.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My biggest frustration has been with Intuit, Quickbooks and Quicken. I used Quicken on windows back in the day and have been on Apples since OS7 (maybe even 6???) I was glad when I switched over and said a final goodby to PC's and VPC OS's... Now I'm having to keep an old PowerBook around JUST to run Quicken. I will say, that Quickbooks took a hugh leap forward and I appreciated the effort, but it still lags way behind the PC versions from what I hear.

YES! I will jump on the bandwagon and upgrade to the Lion Quicken

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Running out of real news these days?

loljk

Thanks

OT: how do I reply in modmyi iphone app without quoting all?

Sorry... Intu---who? Oh! Those guys... They're still around?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Used to love Quicken. But they have been a massive let down.