+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Job Listing Hints at Future iCloud Apps

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Job Listing Hints at Future iCloud Apps

Earlier this week Apple Insider noticed a new job posting by Apple for a position hinting at the development of future iCloud applications.

The position in question “iCloud Application Developer” will work at Apple’s corporate headquarters in Cupertino, California. The job description describes the position as someone who will develop new and current iPhone applications for iCloud services.

“The iCloud team is looking for a proactive, creative-minded (engineer) to build the next generation of cocoa-based client applications that integrate tightly with a set of cloud based services” — Apple Listing.
    Apple is careful not give any hints as to what the new applications could entail, but the position requires quite the talented individual. Aside from a bachelor's degree in computer science and a minimum of five years experience, the job's requirements include: strong object-oriented programming and design skills, experience with the iOS SDK and experience with Cocoa.

Apple’s iCloud based services launched this October which means any additions to the iCloud lineup are likely a ways off. Still, the listing mentions that employees will “build products that people want to use every day.”

What apps do you wish existed that you (or other people) would use everyday?

Source: Apple Insider

*T*
    Thanks

Gee, how hard was it to figure that out? "hinting" at iCloud apps? It says it right in the job description!

Besides, who cares? This is probably just for integrating more of Apple's own apps into iCloud

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

It wasn't very hard to figure out. But, what apps Apple is looking to integrate or develop from scratch is a little less obvious/non-existant. Obviously, rumors of a native iOS Maps app have been swirling for some time now. Hopefully whatever comes of Apples desired iCloud app development is a little more imaginative than that or the Find My Friends they debuted earlier this year.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is cocoa like java? I apparently don't qualify for this one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Gee, how hard was it to figure that out? "hinting" at iCloud apps? It says it right in the job description!
    Apple Listing Job for Future iCloud Apps

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

I'm applying now....

I wish. *sigh*

I'll just wait till they have a registered nurse position opened on campus. Then I'll sneak in the labs "Good Will Hunting" style.
    #eli7e revived me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 601 Posts

Is it possible to not have experience and be trained into a position like this? I've always wanted to be a true apple developer. Thanks for any insight on this!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

icloud need to B more open. And ask the jailbreak community 4 help...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXShadowX21 View Post
    Is it possible to not have experience and be trained into a position like this? I've always wanted to be a true apple developer. Thanks for any insight on this!
    Chances are no. Apple would probably pick someone who knows what they are doing instead of a beginner who does not know a whole lot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 601 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siri Sn0w View Post
    Chances are no. Apple would probably pick someone who knows what they are doing instead of a beginner who does not know a whole lot.
    I'm sure someone "who knows" what they are doing was a beginner like me once. What's the difference?