Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Memorial Statue Unveiled in Hungary

Default Steve Jobs Memorial Statue Unveiled in Hungary

I’m not sure what to make of the Steve Jobs memorial statue above.

At first glance the statue, commissioned by Graphisoft founder and chairman Gabor Bojar, looks like Jobs, but then the awkward Wu-Tang like hand gesture pulls me out of admiration mode and into a more perplexed state of mind.

Bojar unveiled the statue—sculpted by Hungarian sculptor Erno Toth—in Budapest, Hungary earlier today. The bronze statue stands near Graphisoft’s corporate entrance. Graphisoft and Apple go way back to the mid 1980’s when Apple supported Graphisofts ArchiCAD architectural software.
    “Apple’s support included cash and computers at a time when Graphisoft was a small company with limited resources, working within the economic and political confines of what was, at the time, communist Hungary" — Bojar said.
    Bojar and Graphisoft’s tribute comes from the right place, and represents genuine feelings of gratitude toward Jobs and Apple. Hopefully future Jobs tributes, of which there will likely be many, come from equally genuine roots and demonstrate a little more creativity in their inception and execution.

Source: Tech Crunch

Is he giving us the peace sign?

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Westsiiiiiiide.

That looks like Jobs? Looks more like some dude who just crawled up out of a barrel of oil.

he's telling us that there will be no more unlocks after iphone 4

It reminds me of a monkey. I don't even recall Jobs' face looking like that.

Lol Steve Jobs trying to be one of the niggas by throwing up the sign.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Now who said that Carbonite ruins your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizi View Post
    That looks like Jobs? Looks more like some dude who just crawled up out of a barrel of oil.
    I thought the oil thing too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it just me; or does it look like C3PO, including the hand gesture

Yea, not the most impressive looking statue. However, it's much more impressive than what I could do, or any of you! I did a google image search on 'steve jobs' and there are actually quite a bit of pictures of him with his hands in this position (usually during live keynotes). I guess the sculptor wanted to capture him as most of us knew him..on stage revealing new magical products

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It reminds me of a monkey. I don't even recall Jobs' face looking like that.
    This. Lmao.

It kind of looks like he's staring at his hand. Maybe this is capturing the moment he decided he wanted to make a touch screen phone.

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    I guess the sculptor wanted to capture him as most of us knew him..on stage revealing new magical products
    Awesome answer! I could not agree more

looks like he's doing a "DERP!" but I guess it's the thought that counts..

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, he have an iPhone in the other hand...

The four fingers symbolize his last creation iPhone 4
    Last edited by javiert30; 12-21-2011 at 09:35 PM.

In other news, Samsung is erecting a statue of CEO Choi Gee-sung in Tunisia.
    Samsungs public relations department stated "this is totally different, our statues fingers are closer together and the eyes are different. There is no correlation between our statue and Apples statue"
    Reporters asked Larry Page (Google) what he thought, he replied "c'mon guys I'm play angry birds here"

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cockyjeremy View Post
    Westsiiiiiiide.
    bahahaha that's what it looked like to me too at first!

I understand that if you pray to it, you'll receive credits in your iTunes account.
    I always thought the term "early adopter" (regarding tech) was a bit snooty. So, I'll go ahead and call myself an early adopter, cuz I'm feeling a bit snooty.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    Yea, not the most impressive looking statue. However, it's much more impressive than what I could do, or any of you! I did a google image search on 'steve jobs' and there are actually quite a bit of pictures of him with his hands in this position (usually during live keynotes). I guess the sculptor wanted to capture him as most of us knew him..on stage revealing new magical products
    I googled the exact same thing and I did not see ONE photo that looks like this statue. Take a look. The hand thing is the only thing about this statue that i have a problem with, it looks like Steve, but that hand is like hes having a muscle spasm or something. idk for sure but its wierd and there were a ton of other great photos of him in the link below that they could have copied. just my 2 cents.

Edit: Maybe its just the angle of the photo above....?

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...2l1099l2.6l8l0
    Last edited by vantheman169; 12-22-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast