Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Apple's MobileMe Subscribers are Targets for New Phishing Scams

Thanks

Default Apple's MobileMe Subscribers Targets for New Phishing Scams

The internet is the home to many scams where people try to rip you off. The latest victims are Apple’s MobileMe service users who are claiming to receive phishing emails. The method is familiar to many – you send an email to a large number of people asking them for login credentials and hope some people end up falling for it. It is a very crude method that results in success often, which is why we keep seeing them on a daily basis.

The folks over at The Mac Observer are reporting that Apple’s MobileMe Service is receiving such phishing emails. In these emails, recipients are being warned that there iDisks have been found to contain viruses and the proper way to remove is to email your login details. Now, to many, reading this email would be equivalent to seeing big flashing warning lights.

The best thing to do if you receive and email like this one is to ignore it, delete it, and continue doing what you were doing. Sometimes, it may even have the copyright logo and associated words and phrases to look official but it isn’t. No company will ask you to email your password to them, especially not Apple. If any company does ask for this information, it is likely that they are up to no good.

For those of you who are wondering what the emailed look like, you can find a copy of it below:
    “Dear MobileMe Subscriber,
    =================
    Virus Notification
    A DGTFX Virus has been detected in your MobileMe folders. Your email account has to be upgraded to our new Secured DGTFX anti-virus 2011 version to prevent damages to our web mail log and to your important files. Click your reply tab, Fill the columns below and send back to us or your email account will be terminated to avoid spread of the virus.
    Email:
    User name:
    Password:
    Reconfirm Password:
    Note that your password will be encrypted with 1024-bit RSA keys for your password safety.
    All MobileMe User Should Reply Now !!!
    Failure to do this will immediately render your Web-email address deactivated from our database.
    Thank you for your co-operation.
    Warning Code :ID67565434
    © Copyright 2011 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.”
    With all the success Apple is seeing, it isn’t a surprise that people are seeking to scam the many Apple users out there. We’d suggest being cautious to avoid becoming a victim.

Source: The Mac Observer

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

The language in that bogus email is so cheesy, anyone with an eye for detail would see it. It's unfortunate that so many people are easily duped by stuff like this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^ No lie.... It is so sad that some people will fall for it too........

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't know about you guys, but when I hack, that is exactly what I wear.

if you are stupid enough to fall for this, then it means you already deserve it!

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but when I hack, that is exactly what I wear.
    I was thinking the same thing, it the new hackers look
    When all you have is a hammer "every problem look like a nail"

Lol if they can deactivate my account that's already on their servers, why can't they just open it up and Chang the security themselves