Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Adds "Complete My Season Pass" Option to iTunes TV Show Purchases

Default Apple Adds "Complete My Season Pass" Option to iTunes TV Show Purchases

Apple added a wrinkle in the way iTunes users can purchase their favorite television shows this week.

The wrinkle comes in the form of a “Complete My Season Pass” option now available in the iTunes store. It’s unclear when this option became available exactly, but it appears to have started this week. Apple has offered a “Complete My Album” feature in the iTunes store for some time, allowing users who downloaded a few individual tracks to purchase the entire album at a discounted price. The "Complete My Season Pass" feature behaves in the exact same manner except with episodes of a show remaining in a particular season.

Season passes offer shows at a discounted price compared to purchasing each episode individually. The discount included in the Complete My Season Pass should reflect a similar discount depending on how many episodes the user has downloaded from that particular season.

Still, the extent of the discount is unclear. It is feasible that users with enough individual episodes purchased could add up to the cost of the entire season pass, in which case the “Complete My Season Pass” could be free. But, the service is too new to see, and Apple hasn’t made rules of the feature explicit.

Any ModMyi users utilize the “Complete My Season Pass” feature yet? If so, what kind of discount were you given?

Source: MacRumors

This is a cool added feature, finally implemented since its been available for song albums for quite some time.
    Would definitely be cool to get some free shows if that works out that way, but probably not.
    Free = Good

Surprised that they didn't have this feature to begin with. I always loved the complete my album option.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish we could get the ability to rent a tv show back... :/

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    I wish we could get the ability to rent a tv show back... :/
    Just go search for it on google with the word download in the search, I seriously doubt the FBI is going to go after someone for downloading a show that was once on tv for free

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Just go search for it on google with the word download in the search, I seriously doubt the FBI is going to go after someone for downloading a show that was once on tv for free
    Um that's completely illegal. It doesnt matter if it was on tv once or not. It's like saying, I heard a song on the radio once to free, so I guess I can download it for free legally right? Wrong. It's piracy.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Um that's completely illegal. It doesnt matter if it was on tv once or not. It's like saying, I heard a song on the radio once to free, so I guess I can download it for free legally right? Wrong. It's piracy.
    First a song IS NOT A TV Episode thus u cant compare it,
    And That's just retarded it's on tv I can record it to my DVR technically/logically that's the same as downloading it, especially when my tv delivers it in 540p and I can get it online in 720p rspically since its not a movie it's more logical
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 12-20-2011 at 09:06 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

But will this option be available on an Apple TV? Or will you have to get onto iTunes on a Mac/PC to complete the season pass?