Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Discussing the "Future of TV" With Media Execs

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I feel like I've seen that TV before... Oh yeah, it's the Samsung TV in my basement

Nice Huge iPad.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Flash is dead or have u been sleeping this year??
    It's only starting to die on battery powered device cause it kills battery, do u really think that there gunna make a portable TV without power that u can charge?

That would be awesome!!

Out of the zillions of apps on the app store, I wonder how many use flash?
    Android needs flash to compensate for the lack of apps/games.

Most online merchants have an app that performs much better than a flash equivalent.
    Lowes, Home Depot, Walgreens, CVS, Chase, etc all have apps.
    Look at The Weather Channel site on a phone or tablet and compare it to the Weather Channel app. The app blows away the site.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't see how Apple could really re-invent the TV. Samsung, LG and other TVs are full of apps that nobody really needs, iphone and ipad can already be used as remote with new Samsung TVs for example. And since Apple does not manufacture LCD panels but buys them from other manufactures such as Samsung, then why pay more money for the same screen. All the new LED TVs look already basically like giant iPads ( very thin and black border around the screen ) meaning most of the modern TVs are as minimalistic as they can be so design-wise there's nothing new Apple can offer honestly.
    Also in regards to Siri now who really wants to talk to their TV to change the channel or adjust the volume, it's just plain stupid as it requires a lot more effort than pressing a single button with your finger. Microsofts Kinect has a lot more potential in that regard as you can control it with gestures and that is almost as effortless as pressing a button.
    And content-wise unless they can convince governments all around the world to make torrenting legal and build the whole ecosystem around that, I don't see how they could better Netflix or other streaming content providers already out there.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a dedicated Apple user as I'm writing this on my Macbook Air with my trusty iPad and iPhone 4 laying on the table next to it, but unless Apple iTV will cheaper than LG or Sammy, I don't see myself buying one, ever. Apple has been making great products recently, but that doesn't mean that anything it touches will turn into gold, don't forget that Apple has made some very bad products also and I think the iTV would be one of those products if they ever gonne produce it.
    Last edited by theskygod; 12-19-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Did anyone else notice the remote app in the picture? Even though I know that's a picture from an iPad, that would be really cool to control something from your TV.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobh4 View Post
    Did anyone else notice the remote app in the picture? Even though I know that's a picture from an iPad, that would be really cool to control something from your TV.
    Seriously? And control what?

@theskygod
    "Also in regards to Siri now who really wants to talk to their TV to change the channel or adjust the volume, it's just plain stupid as it requires a lot more effort than pressing a single button with your finger. Microsofts Kinect has a lot more potential in that regard as you can control it with gestures and that is almost as effortless as pressing a button. "
    Are you saying waving your hands in the air requires less effort than saying "play The Office season 5"?

"Even though I know that's a picture from an iPad, that would be really cool to control something from your TV.
    Seriously? And control what?"

You may want to google/bing/yahoo this "xbmc" . It is an incredible home theatre media package. I have it running on an Apple TV 1 in the living room and bedrooms. And it can be controlled by iPad/iPod/iPhone (xbmc commander app)

And if you do look into this, you can look into plugins (veetle and icefilms) which you may or may not agree with in regards to "ethics" but you can see how any movie or tv show or "in theatre" can be viewed in seconds on your big screen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12