+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Pegatron Manufacturing Company Reports Explosion

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Boom. [Disclaimer: Pegatron factory not pictured above] Apple's manufacturing partner, Pegatron, reported a small explosion in the factory located in Shanghai, China. Pegatron, a name that most of you probably
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's Pegatron Manufacturing Company Reports Explosion

Boom. [Disclaimer: Pegatron factory not pictured above]

Apple's manufacturing partner, Pegatron, reported a small explosion in the factory located in Shanghai, China. Pegatron, a name that most of you probably aren't familiar with, is a manufacturing factory in China that makes parts for Apple's products. Apple doesn't have their own single solitary plant in China and builds and manufactures every part for their devices on their own. Pegatron, along with Foxconn and some others are responsible for bringing Apple's factories the parts that they need to build devices and machines for Apple's end-user sales.

Pegatron reported that the explosion was a small one and injured some workers. The part of the factory that was damaged was mainly the area used for Apple's device part production but they have reluctantly said that the small inconvenience should not bother product production one bit and that things should be back to normal in no time. While that may be the case – that's a bit snobby. I think that the workers who were injured should be taken into the account of, "back to normal" but I guess that that's the way the cookie crumbles in the business world.

In case you were wondering what Pegatron does for Apple, they help manufacture CDMA iPhone 4's. The CDMA iPhone 4 is it though. No GSM iPhone 4's. CDMA iPhone 4's in case you were out of the loop include iPhone 4's on the Verizon and Sprint networks here in the United States. They hope to add support for the iPhone 4S in the near future (which is a dual radio iPhone). At this point in time, we don't know when they will start manufacturing parts for the iPhone 4S, however they do not manufacture for it yet even though they want to.

We hope the best for the workers at Pegatron who suffered injuries because of the explosion in the factory and we hope that their families will be close to make sure that they make a full unscathed recovery. Hopefully, Pegatron can have the explosion patched up and prevent others from occurring in the future. At this point in time, they are unsure what caused the explosion and they continue to search for clues as to what the cause was. Thank goodness that no one was killed like the similar Foxconn explosion (which killed three) and was also due to Apple's part manufacturing. Part manufacturing being making the parts before putting together the consumer products that we buy in stores.

Sources: Reuters
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-18-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That looks like a mighty large "small" explosion.

Never mind. Thanks for posting the disclaimer after my post!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

That explosion (picture shown) was in 2007 around Shah Alam (gas plant I do believe). Nice disclaimer but would prob be more appropriate to list the source or photographer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me christoforo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

Boom. [Disclaimer: Pegatron factory not pictured above]

Apple's manufacturing partner, Pegatron, reported a small explosion in the factory located in Shanghai, China. Pegatron, a name that most of you probably aren't familiar with, is a manufacturing factory in China that makes parts for Apple's products. Apple doesn't have their own single solitary plant in China and builds and manufactures every part for their devices on their own. Pegatron, along with Foxconn and some others are responsible for bringing Apple's factories the parts that they need to build devices and machines for Apple's end-user sales.

Pegatron reported that the explosion was a small one and injured some workers. The part of the factory that was damaged was mainly the area used for Apple's device part production but they have reluctantly said that the small inconvenience should not bother product production one bit and that things should be back to normal in no time. While that may be the case – that's a bit snobby. I think that the workers who were injured should be taken into the account of, "back to normal" but I guess that that's the way the cookie crumbles in the business world.

In case you were wondering what Pegatron does for Apple, they help manufacture CDMA iPhone 4's. The CDMA iPhone 4 is it though. No GSM iPhone 4's. CDMA iPhone 4's in case you were out of the loop include iPhone 4's on the Verizon and Sprint networks here in the United States. They hope to add support for the iPhone 4S in the near future (which is a dual radio iPhone). At this point in time, we don't know when they will start manufacturing parts for the iPhone 4S, however they do not manufacture for it yet even though they want to.

We hope the best for the workers at Pegatron who suffered injuries because of the explosion in the factory and we hope that their families will be close to make sure that they make a full unscathed recovery. Hopefully, Pegatron can have the explosion patched up and prevent others from occurring in the future. At this point in time, they are unsure what caused the explosion and they continue to search for clues as to what the cause was. Thank goodness that no one was killed like the similar Foxconn explosion (which killed three) and was also due to Apple's part manufacturing. Part manufacturing being making the parts before putting together the consumer products that we buy in stores.

Sources: Reuters
    can you respond to my pms please.

Thanks

Is that a picture from the original "Shock and Awe" attack?

Thanks

Ive heard of foxconn but never heard of pegatron before lol
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh dang, that's pretty "small".

Green Apple
    Thanks

Pegatron: long lost brother of Megatron???

Similarities are bothersome. And too much to overlook I think. ;-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iBlow? xD

Banned
    Thanks

how many fires, explosions and suicides have their been at these factories that manufacture iDevices?

Thanks

HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Pretty misleading title. Makesi t sound like the manufacturer is owned by Apple.