+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Watch BBC's Steve Jobs Documentary "Billion Dollar Hippy" While Available on YouTube

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
BBC and their excellent streak of documentaries continued with the recently released "Billion Dollar Hippy" a documentary cataloguing Jobs rise, fall, and monumental comeback leading up to his death. The
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Watch BBC's Steve Jobs Documentary "Billion Dollar Hippy" While Available on YouTube

BBC and their excellent streak of documentaries continued with the recently released "Billion Dollar Hippy" a documentary cataloguing Jobs rise, fall, and monumental comeback leading up to his death.

The documentary includes a number interviews with former Apple execs and industry leaders in the computing world including Steve Wozniak, John Sculley, Tim Berner-Lee, and many, many more. For those who have read the Steve Jobs biography, there is a lot of recycled information here, but there is enough new insight from people around and closely involved with jobs to warrant its watch.

Unfortunately the video is "unofficially" available on YouTube, so stop reading and click here! For those who have a chance to watch, discuss it below. I'm nearly done and would love a little Jobs discussion to brew.

Side note, all documentaries should be narrated by a competent British man or woman. Unless Morgan Freeman is available.

Source: OSX Daily

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

They show the girl crying at the beginning of the shot..... Sorry but if a person isn't a family member or friend i.e. you don't know that person other than pictures you see or products you buy, why are you crying? Not passing judgement just asking.

Not bad but I do have an issue with the use of "hippy". Sounds like they used it to try and enforce some stereotype of jobs. I guess he did do LSD and went to India but does that make you a hippy? I've done both but don't call myself a hippy. What ever "hippy" ideas he did have certainly went away when he started making money.

Also sounds like he liked to screw his "friends". Guess this goes to show the mighty SJ was a bit of a douche.
    Last edited by rkswat; 12-17-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No thanks.

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    They show the girl crying at the beginning of the shot..... Sorry but if a person isn't a family member or friend i.e. you don't know that person other than pictures you see or products you buy, why are you crying? Not passing judgement just asking.

Not bad but I do have an issue with the use of "hippy". Sounds like they used it to try and enforce some stereotype of jobs. I guess he did do LSD and went to India but does that make you a hippy? I've done both but don't call myself a hippy. What ever "hippy" ideas he did have certainly went away when he started making money.

Also sounds like he liked to screw his "friends". Guess this goes to show the mighty SJ was a bit of a douche.
    What, are we movie critics now?
    Yes you are a hippy.
    Yes Jobs was a hippy.
    Yes Jobs was a douche.

No one knows what you are saying in the first paragraph. It sounds a bit like a encrypted and hashed word search.

And this is not news.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you dont make money by being a nice guy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkstwat View Post

it's funny because you sound like a douche by what you've just written, plus you are relatively poor and unremarkable in comparison.
    See - it's pretty easy to be a d*ck isn't it, rather than saying something constructive.
    Last edited by sphangman; 12-18-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks

I think the video was good, I found out things I didnt know about Jobs. He was a visionary, a genius, and a well rounded individual. I kind of cried a little bit when he died, I didnt know the man, but our heart goes out for his family and friends, and his devotion to his beliefs and ideas. Struggling with cancer for 5 years still giving it his all going to work everyday, says a lot about his character. Most people that have cancer give up and are bed ridden hopped up on pain meds. His approach to try to self heal his cancer with organic remedies is more than most people would do, (weak people) so being a "hippie" has alot more meaning than just a drug era. I just had to say this. Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loud.n.clean View Post
    I think the video was good, I found out things I didnt know about Jobs. He was a visionary, a genius, and a well rounded individual. I kind of cried a little bit when he died, I didnt know the man, but our heart goes out for his family and friends, and his devotion to his beliefs and ideas. Struggling with cancer for 5 years still giving it his all going to work everyday, says a lot about his character. Most people that have cancer give up and are bed ridden hopped up on pain meds. His approach to try to self heal his cancer with organic remedies is more than most people would do, (weak people) so being a "hippie" has alot more meaning than just a drug era. I just had to say this. Thanks
    I agree with most of what you said. But the (week people) comment is just stupid. Your an idiot for even saying it. Would you look a child's parents in the eyes and call them week for trying to keep their kid alive by taking him to doctors and not just becoming a vegetarian. Because I know a little boy(a family friend) who's parents are still enjoying the time they have with their son over 3 years after he was suppose to die because they went to doctors. People with cancer or any other life threatening illness should not be called names just because they want to live, whatever their choice is. So maybe your just a big Steve Jobs supporter, but be careful about who you alienate in your post.

The Trey Love Foundation

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't think that loud.n.clean meant that people are weak for going to the doctor to try to get better, I think he was referring to the people who just accept that they are going to die and don't try to fight it. I have lost friends to cancer and it is very difficult to see them struggle. I am sure every case is different, so I can't say that either type of person is weak or not, I'm just throwing in my 2 cents because I think you may have misinterpreted what was said. Jobs was definitely an ***, but he was also a very strong person to fight as long as he did and continue to work nearly the whole time!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default steve
    Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post

I never met steve jobs... But I cried when he died... Im almost his age and when I was in my early 20'ss I was removing the activision protection from commodore software I looked at a apple computer even considered sending a resume to apple after working on one of the first apple computers at a friends house..

How diffrent would my life had been if I would have went to work for apple and steve jobs..

I think you have to be of his era to truly get it.. I was a young hacker just getting started but with skills and had I moved to cally and went to work at apple I would be worth millions if not billions now so we lost a Great man.. and If you cant cry for the loss to our world you are the one with the problem just my 2 cents worth.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The comments on this site are absolutely useless.

I thought there might be some decent user reviews on here but all i can is users arguing.

I watched the doco last night and i thought they went a bit overboard with the whole hippy thing, its not like he was living in a van doing nothing all day.

Just because someone might have a different opinion does not make them a douche, guess it makes you a douche for not being able to handle someone else's. Im sure SJ would have agreed.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    What, are we movie critics now?
    Yes you are a hippy.
    Yes Jobs was a hippy.
    Yes Jobs was a douche.
    No one knows what you are saying in the first paragraph. It sounds a bit like a encrypted and hashed word search.
    And this is not news.
    Quote Originally Posted by sphangman View Post
    it's funny because you sound like a douche by what you've just written, plus you are relatively poor and unremarkable in comparison. LoL, sure I can be a douche but I've never screwed a friend for money so yeah, I'm pretty remarkable when compared to him.
    See - it's pretty easy to be a d*ck isn't it, rather than saying something constructive.
    Wow sounds like you two are about to cry. Sorry I said something mean about steve-o. I'll be happy to give you guys a hug if you want.

I saw it, said what I thought about it and it's content. Don't like it? Piss off.

The offer for the hug still applies.
    Last edited by rkswat; 12-19-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    First off, absolutely LOVE my iPhone. Men crying though? Not a good look. Been over a month now, stop bi---ing. Groupies.