Results 1 to 15 of 15

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Barbara Walters Names Steve Jobs Most Fascinating Person of 2011, Internet Facepalms

  1. #1
    Default Barbara Walters Names Steve Jobs Most Fascinating Person of 2011, Internet Facepalms



    Barbara Walters, who pulled a hilarious “what?" while interviewing Herman Cain during her "most fascinating people" segment, ultimately named Steve Jobs her “most fascinating person of 2011.”

    Walter’s list of “most fascinating people of 2011” pits Jobs in the same company as Simon Cowell, the Kardashians, Donald Trump, and a bunch of “fascinating” but, ultimately irrelevant people. Walters, to her credit, has engaged in some very important interviews, most recently with Syrian president Bashar al-Assad who has been accused of murdering over 5,000 of his people in an effort to curb a national uprising.

    However, this list of fascinating people should really read “Biggest Spotlight Hijackers of 2011 + Steve Jobs.” While Jobs may have appreciated the gesture from Walters while alive, bestowing him with such an “honor” after his passing comes off as trite, especially considering the others named on the list.

    With Time Magazine naming “The Protester,” as their person of the year, it appears Walter’s recognition will have to do as the only posthumous recognition awarded Jobs.

    For now.

    Source: USA Today
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 12-16-2011 at 07:01 PM.

  2. #2
    How can you say Derek Jeter is irrelevant?

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    How can you say Derek Jeter is irrelevant?
    Who?

  4. #4
    Shakes head

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Who?
    I currently live in Kalamazoo, MI, Jeters home town. I played 5 years of football at WMU and another Kalamazoo alum, both high school and college, Greg Jennings of the Green Bay Packers is constantly coming back to town, has a foundation to help Kalamazoo area kids, and runs a football camp every summer. Jeter is never back. He has a baseball clinic each summer, but doesn't attend personally. Kalamazoo Central High School just named their baseball field after him, and he came back for the dedication. A rarity.

    I respect Jeter's accomplishments and it is his business if he doesn't want to come back to his hometown. But, ultimately he is irrelevant to this community outside of letting those living here say "well jeter is from Kalamazoo."

    If Jennings and the packers win another super bowl, "Jeter who?" might be the response kalamazoo natives give when fielding questions about the Yankee shortstop.

  6. #6
    He's not irrelevant to New York City which happens to be the business capital (sorry London) of the world. Outside of Kalamazoo no one knows what Kalamazoo is. I don't blame him for not going back.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    I currently live in Kalamazoo, MI, Jeters home town. I played 5 years of football at WMU and another Kalamazoo alum, both high school and college, Greg Jennings of the Green Bay Packers is constantly coming back to town, has a foundation to help Kalamazoo area kids, and runs a football camp every summer. Jeter is never back. He has a baseball clinic each summer, but doesn't attend personally. Kalamazoo Central High School just named their baseball field after him, and he came back for the dedication. A rarity.

    I respect Jeter's accomplishments and it is his business if he doesn't want to come back to his hometown. But, ultimately he is irrelevant to this community outside of letting those living here say "well jeter is from Kalamazoo."

    If Jennings and the packers win another super bowl, "Jeter who?" might be the response kalamazoo natives give when fielding questions about the Yankee shortstop.
    Maybe your town is crap and Jeter doesn't want to come back. I'm not sure what your argument is about other than sour grapes because a super star athlete doesn't come back to relive his glory days with the old crew. Jeter is probably saying "Kalamazoo who?" when asked about his home town. Jeter owes your town nothing.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to rkswat For This Useful Post:

    punjabi212 (12-16-2011)

  9. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Steve Jobs wasn't labeled as God by Barbara Walters, and Phillip is upset. How cute.

  10. #9
    Derek Jeter and Donald trump are irrelivant? What world do you live in?

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Derek Jeter and Donald trump are irrelivant? What world do you live in?
    Not America World I guess.

  12. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    How can you say Derek Jeter is irrelevant?
    Umm what? That name was never mentioned in the article......

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Steve Jobs wasn't labeled as God by Barbara Walters, and Phillip is upset. How cute.

  14. #13
    Derek Jeter, a man who earns lots of money for hitting a ball with a stick. Now what would make that person fascinating or even relevant? Plenty of jocks out there.

  15. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,118
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 95 Times in 67 Posts

    And what did Steve do this year to make him the most fascinating person in her eyes?

  16. #15
    Most deserving award

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •