Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Testers Can Try Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 Beta Before Developers Do

Default Testers Can Try Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 Beta Before Developers Do

Apple is releasing Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 to testers before developers this time.

In an odd turn of events, Apple has released Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (build 11D33) to testers, but not to developers (yet). As we know, Apple is focusing on Mac OS X Lion and iCloud integration. iOS and Mac OS X are closely integrated with iCloud and Apple is aiming to make them pair seamlessly so that you can access anything from either machine. Doing so puts both devices into the same ecosystem so that you have your terminal machine at home and your mobile device on the go both filled with everything you need for your daily work and school life.

With Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 build 11D33, Apple is asking testers to focus on the applications: Address Book, iCal, Mail, Safari, and Spotlight probably in light of flattening out some kinks that they believe are harvesting in those applications. Apple is asking testers to try these applications over developers probably because regular users will get more use out of the applications than developers will and because of that they have a better chance of catching bugs. Often, developers don't use those kinds of applications on their development operating system because they use it for developmental purposes only. It makes sense but, that's not to say that all developers don't use their own personal applications on their own computer. It's just to say that a user might notice something is wrong with their daily use before a busy developer does.

Apple has noted that Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 will work on enhancements to the somewhat buggy Mac OS X Lion which was released not too long ago in July. Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 was released hoping to fix many bugs in Mac OS X Lion as a whole, but it wasn't entirely successful. Also, you should be aware that there is no way to downgrade to an older version of Mac OS X Lion after updating to this beta; the only way to get back to a stable release would be to completely factory restore your computer (which we all know is a pain because it takes so long and there is so much work to setting up all of the settings and applications on your Mac afterwards).

At this point in time, 9to5Mac reports that there are no known issues with the beta release of Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 and with that, I think that we should expect to see a public release for this new version with stability fixes for our Mac computers really soon. With Mac OS X Lion, stability improvements are always welcome; I think we can all agree that it does have some bugs in it. The update will likely be sent to developers before us, but after the random group of testers.

Sources: 9to5Mac

let just say CRAPple need a test dummy, B4 they bring out the big gun...

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    Dude seriously. I have had it about up to here with your "Crapple" comments. You have been flamed so many times here and you just seem to keep on over and over. Crapple Crapple Crapple. It's not even remotely whitty or funny anymore. Why in gods name do you even bother to read the articles here? How about selling your Crapple iPhone and buy a nice droid? You obviously dislike their products and company. Maybe then join a group of Droid loving apple haters that will actually sing along to your Crapple tune

Take a step back and breathe. Keep it on topic.

As for DaLsim every company has testers for software. Not just Apple. Mostly Apple uses developers to test stuff but rarely they give out a public closed testing build.

Like how MS has Windows 8 beta build out for testing as a public beta.

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Dude seriously. I have had it about up to here with your "Crapple" comments. You have been flamed so many times here and you just seem to keep on over and over. Crapple Crapple Crapple. It's not even remotely whitty or funny anymore. Why in gods name do you even bother to read the articles here? How about selling your Crapple iPhone and buy a nice droid? You obviously dislike their products and company. Maybe then join a group of Droid loving apple haters that will actually sing along to your Crapple tune
    +1

+1

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

+1

You're a *** and no one likes you. Usually the ones who talk bad about Apple products are the sore sorry sack of shits that can't afford an Apple product so what better defense to do in that situation? Solution talk **** about Apple to make your poor lack of funds sorry *** seem too cool.
    Last edited by Cer0; 12-16-2011 at 04:20 PM.

+1

Today's Sesame Street was brought to you by the letter "S". Thanks for watching.