+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Philanthropy Talk Nixed by Steve Jobs in Isaacson Interviews

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by iDeadman Lol wow that's a lot of hate coming from someone who says someone ELSE should burn in hell. Too bad a century from now people will
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iDeadman View Post

Lol wow that's a lot of hate coming from someone who says someone ELSE should burn in hell. Too bad a century from now people will still remember who he was and what he did but you however will be long forgotten.

That good sir is what we Internet people call "PWNED"

There is someone else who is remebered after all his attrocities: Adolf Hitler!

And dont forget when apple was 90 days of being bankrupt who was the one who injected 150.000.000 USD to bring it back on its feet?... Mr.Bill Gates!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merismus View Post

And dont forget when apple was 90 days of being bankrupt who was the one who injected 150.000.000 USD to bring it back on its feet?... Mr.Bill Gates!
    Well you have to think also that Mr. Gates developed Apple exclusive Office suite in the start of Apple Computers. (limited exclusive but still). MS and Apple have had many ties along the way.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by merismus View Post

Jobs will be remembered as a visionary to many people other than Apple employees... unlike Hitler. Bad example.

Yeah, Gates was just being kind... not trying to avoid anti-trust laws or getting Apple to use Office products, which in turn helped defeat a competitor to Office.

Microsoft to invest $150 million in Apple - CNET News

"Observers say the deal, while a shot in the arm for Apple, also may help Microsoft by keeping antitrust charges at bay. Apple represents one of the only alternatives to Microsoft's Windows and the Microsoft-Intel hegemony.

More than 8 million customers use Microsoft Office for the Macintosh, making it "the single largest revenue Mac application," Maffei said. "It's a very important application for Apple and its customers, and it's a very important application for Microsoft and its customers. It's a several-hundred-million-dollar item."

Gates didn't become a multi-billionaire by giving away money unnecessarily.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen. View Post
    Please say that again once Mac OS has a larger market share than Windows. Once it gets more widely used, I guarantee you there will be malware for it. As of August, Windows still have 87% of the market share in PCs vs 6% of Mac OS. If you were someone making a virus, do you make it for the 87% or the 6%? And are you kidding me about the exploitable bugs? You do realize that the ENTIRE WORLD of jailbreaking is based on bug exploits in Apple's software right? I love Steve Jobs, but his views on philanthropy is definitely questionable.
    You're wrong. This argument has been lost over and over. Want to start with your iphone comment? Why is it iphones have a majority market share, yet android has 99% of the malware?

You also don't seem to realize that the high price of macs make them IDEAL targets. It's beyond hysterical to be under the impression that every single malware developer in the world hasn't tried to prove it wrong. The bottom line is there will never be a self propagating virus/malware for OSX. Any possible infection vector will rely on you, the user, to type in your password, which if you do that is your own fault. You will never see a drive by download with OSX.

I mean even Google has gotten lazy with security when it comes to droids, Ice Cream Sandwich is the first droid build to include ASLR

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Being in a position of great wealth you are privy to certain information (like how others acquire their wealth). Including what organizations are BS and redirect your donated money so people "at the top" can live like kings. Don't believe the hype, your money is not going where you intend it to go. Not saying this is his reason; me personally, I would kill myself before I let a lazy crooked person get rich off of my blood sweat and tears.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qumahlin View Post
    You're wrong. This argument has been lost over and over. Want to start with your iphone comment? Why is it iphones have a majority market share, yet android has 99% of the malware?

You also don't seem to realize that the high price of macs make them IDEAL targets. It's beyond hysterical to be under the impression that every single malware developer in the world hasn't tried to prove it wrong. The bottom line is there will never be a self propagating virus/malware for OSX. Any possible infection vector will rely on you, the user, to type in your password, which if you do that is your own fault. You will never see a drive by download with OSX.

I mean even Google has gotten lazy with security when it comes to droids, Ice Cream Sandwich is the first droid build to include ASLR
    Don't forget that OS9 had as much or less market share yet was swamped with viruses and malware.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12