+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Employees Rate Company as 10th Best to Work For

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
The folks over at Glassdoor released the results of its annual 2012 Employees’ Choice awards and turns out, Apple has cracked the top 10 list of the best companies to
    Thanks

Default Apple Employees Rate Company as 10th Best to Work For

The folks over at Glassdoor released the results of its annual 2012 Employees’ Choice awards and turns out, Apple has cracked the top 10 list of the best companies to work for. Apple has garnered a “Satisfied” rating of 3.9 out of 5 as pointed out by MacNN. Last year, Apple placed 20th in the survey with a score of 3.7 and previously came in 22nd place in 2010.

The companies that came on top included Bain & Company coming in first place followed by McKinsey & Company coming in second. The company which came in first place last year, Facebook, came in third this year with a score of 4.3, while Google came in fifth place with a score of 4.0. Of the top five companies, Bain employees mentioned the sense of teamwork at the company made it the best company to work for, while Facebook employees said they enjoyed the deep “entrepreneurial environment” of the company.

A 20-question company survey was used by Glassdoor to determine employees’ attitudes in the following categories: "Career Opportunities, Communication, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Morale, Recognition & Feedback, Senior Leadership, Work/Life Balance, and Fairness & Respect" for over 65,000 firms.

Apple has had a rapidly growing workforce over the years, one that is needed to keep up with its expanding business. As of September, the company was known to have 60,400 full-time employees up from 49,400 in fiscal 2010. Nearly 60% of Apple’s workers are also noted to be a part of its thriving global retail business. Steve Jobs mentioned in June that the company seems to have “grown like a weed” and has struggled to find space for its employees in Cupertino, California and neighboring cities. As of right now, the company is planning a massive circular spaceship-like office building in Cupertino that will house as many as 13,000 of its employees.

I can't say its ironic that Apple continues to move up the place as there are definitely perks to being an Apple employee but at the same time, it is a bit unexpected granted the strict rules employees must follow. Being someone who writes about Apple news, I for one know I would be unable to work at Apple, based on the leaked guidelines. What about you? Is Apple a place you’d like to work at? Share any thoughts and opinions below!

Source: Glassdoor, MacNN
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 12-15-2011 at 04:26 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

I would work at apple but the closest retail store is eighty miles from me. I was considering applying with a carrier but i dont want to promote other phones. Lol yea i got it bad

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am assuming Google's score rating is 4.0 and not 5.0 seeing as how that would nearly be impossible to get 5.0 an that Facebook got a 4.3 but is a a higher rank than Google.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had the opportunity to do an install for the manager of apple In ottawa( cable tech for Rogers) and he tried hiring me on. If I were to start now, I'd have to go on social aid because of the base pay couldn't pay half of My life. Gentleman was very nice and welcoming but I went corporate at Rogers and don't see me leaving for apple. It woulda been nice fresh out of high school, but definitely now now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisei View Post
    I am assuming Google's score rating is 4.0 and not 5.0 seeing as how that would nearly be impossible to get 5.0 an that Facebook got a 4.3 but is a a higher rank than Google.
    Fixed! Thanks for the catch!

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh Dear :-(

Nortel were rated as the best Company to work for

Now what happened the Nortel ?

Thanks

what do I need to work there ? an apple id??

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

lol if they included retail then that has to be false because working at apple was the WORST. Managers are extremely anal and they will make your life miserable. Apple wants to control the way you express yourself , dress, smile and talk with your customers. If you are in the sales floor then you have to stand in a designated spot until your legs rot.

I know a few retail companies that suck too, but never as bad as Apple. For example, I broke a sales record by selling 20 Mac in a single day and they never gave me a penny for anything, the store manager in the other hand collects a $500 bonus when we go above the average number of sales. Even worse was allowing myself to be part of their ridiculous cult like clapping and cheering for the iPod shuffle. Retail sucks but nothing compares to apple retail. I give this article the biggest face palm of life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I got an interview with them on March and I thank God everyday for not giving me the chance to work there. I love their products, but after reading comments of ex-employees I think they shouldn't even be on that list.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    I give this article the biggest face palm of life.
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Best place to work for? For corporate or retail stores? Last I heard was the employees for the retail stores were trying start a union.