+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Business Prospects in Israel May Be Bigger Than Initially Expected

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
As MMi reported Tuesday, Apple is thought to be on the verge of paying somewhere between $400 and $500 million to acquire Anobit, a flash memory company based in Israel.
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple's Business Prospects in Israel May Be Bigger Than Initially Expected

As MMi reported Tuesday, Apple is thought to be on the verge of paying somewhere between $400 and $500 million to acquire Anobit, a flash memory company based in Israel.

This news first leaked late Monday from a Middle Eastern news source, which indicated that Apple CEO Tim Cook is actively considering an acquisition of the firm, which presently has some 200 employees.

On Wednesday, however, we leaned that in addition to the possible Anobit takeover, Apple is believed to be planning a semiconductor development center in Israel - a perfect complement to a possible purchase of the Israel-based flash storage provider.

Israeli publication Globes revealed today that Apple's facility would be directed by Aharon Aharon, a well-known, trusted, and experienced veteran of the technology industry in Israel.

"Aharon is scheduled to spend several months at Apple headquarters in Cupertino before returning to Israel to begin activities at the Apple Israel development center," Globes reported. "Aharon will begin operations regardless of whether Apple buys an Israeli company, and will begin hiring staff suitable for the U.S. company's planned areas of activity."

Source: Globes

Green Apple
    Thanks

Maybe if this happens:
    1) We will finally get a real Apple Store in Israel (as opposed to the authorized dealers who gouge us); and
    2) we won't be the last country on earth to receive the new products.

We can only hope

An Israeli Mac Fan Boy

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dstorrents View Post
    Maybe if this happens:
    1) We will finally get a real Apple Store in Israel (as opposed to the authorized dealers who gouge us); and
    2) we won't be the last country on earth to receive the new products.

We can only hope

An Israeli Mac Fan Boy
    Ah, I hope for the same thing. I do not live in Israel but I honestly feel that everyone in the world should be able to get access to Apple products.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am against apartheid states getting "rewarded" for their illegal and unjust treatment of indigenous peoples

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious-O View Post
    I am against apartheid states getting "rewarded" for their illegal and unjust treatment of indigenous peoples
    I'd strongly suggest that you read a book titled, "Start Up Nation" before you criticize. Your comments are unfounded and ridiculous. Israel was and is a safe haven for Jews escaping other lands where they were tortured, killed, maimed and raped. Many Jews escaped and fled to Israel, where they lived side by side with the Palestinians in peace. When the state of Israel was formed, Arabs and Jews alike were accepted with open arms. At the moment, over 20% of the population of Israel are Arab, many of them Palestinian, living very good lives. The Palestinians in Gaza are in a terrible situation, but they made their own bed by electing Hamas. Take a look at a map, and realize how small Israel is compared with all of the Arab nations surrounding it. Where else do the Jews have to go? The entire middle east is Arab, but yet the plight of the Palestinians is blamed on Israel? Find another scapegoat. Believe me, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Lybia among others have the space. Ever been to Tel Aviv? There is no room to move!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shawnie53 For This Useful Post:

netBAT (12-14-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Right, so... according to that, I suppose Apple should move their HQ out of the US, huh?

Green Apple
    Thanks

no matter where it's made!
    Apple's the one who does the grouching!
    correct me if I'm wrong!
    I'm a fan too!
    but too much crap from apple!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shawnie53 View Post
    I'd strongly suggest that you read a book titled, "Start Up Nation" before you criticize. Your comments are unfounded and ridiculous. Israel was and is a safe haven for Jews escaping other lands where they were tortured, killed, maimed and raped. Many Jews escaped and fled to Israel, where they lived side by side with the Palestinians in peace. When the state of Israel was formed, Arabs and Jews alike were accepted with open arms. At the moment, over 20% of the population of Israel are Arab, many of them Palestinian, living very good lives. The Palestinians in Gaza are in a terrible situation, but they made their own bed by electing Hamas. Take a look at a map, and realize how small Israel is compared with all of the Arab nations surrounding it. Where else do the Jews have to go? The entire middle east is Arab, but yet the plight of the Palestinians is blamed on Israel? Find another scapegoat. Believe me, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Lybia among others have the space. Ever been to Tel Aviv? There is no room to move!
    in what world do you live in my friend open your f eyes go to YouTube and watch

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moeflex456 View Post
    in what world do you live in my friend open your f eyes go to YouTube and watch
    Sure...
    I also can't do without my daily dosage of YouTube sponsored propaganda... it helps me with food digestion...

The Palestinians never even considered themselves a nation. They suddenly "remembered" after Israel was established following a UN vote.
    They were offered to stay and live amongst Israelis as Israelis. Some stayed and are doing pretty well for themselves which is much more than I can say for Palestinians living elsewhere or Arabs in general living in their own countries for that matter (see Syria/Libya/Egypt/Algeria/Jordan/Yemen/Saudi Arabia and where not...).
    The others who left were given their own autonomy and a future prospect of statehood. The offer was rejected and a path of death and martyrdom was chosen instead, a path they pray would bring forth the destruction of Israel and drive the Jews to the sea.

The situation in which they are at the moment is of their own doing....

In 60 years of existence, Israel has done more than what other much "older" countries can only fantasise about.
    Apple's investment there will surely turn out to be a wise and fruitful one, same as many other past and present ventures by other tech giants.

NR.
    Last edited by netBAT; 12-14-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks

Default morons
    And I am against Apple "Rewarding" morons with smartphones, but yet here you are.
    Get your facts straight before you go spouting diarrhea at the mouth. And by facts,
    I do not mean this worldwide epidemic of fact twisting and spin perpetrated by the muslims
    of the world who make Israel a scapegoat in order to hide all the atrocities their so called
    "Peaceful religion" commits and has cemented as laws in their backwards countries.

The systematic persecution of gays and christians/other religions,
    The complete and utter degradation of woman by not being allowed to vote,
    By being in so called "heaven" under her husbands foot, by being supposedly at fault
    for being rape victims, for not being allowed to drive, for having their clitoris cut out (in some countries),
    And I am not nearly close to half done with the laundry list of offenses perpetrated by Islam in muslim countries and all over the world.
    I'll just throw in all the flight hijackings, 9/11 and the cause for all recent wars since the 80's to put the icing on the cake.

Israel and the Jews, on the other hand?
    Have more nobel prize winners per capita than any other country in the world
    in the areas of science, medicine and technology.
    Have contributed more to science, medicine and technology than any other
    country per capita in the world - chances are, if you are hospitalized, taking medicine,
    using a computer, splicing atoms, being warned of an impending earthquake/tsunami, using
    a flash drive, and more - you are doing so because of the ingenuity and hard work of Israeli
    doctors, scientists and techs.

Baring all this in mind, tell me again which race/religion is constantly contributing to society trying to better it for all of us,
    vs which race/religion is committing genocide/apartheid and aims to keep the world in the dark ages.

That is, if your feeble brainwashed mind is able to consume so much facts without combusting.

And as an Israeli and an American - I am proud to see Apple finally join every other major
    Tech manufacturer in the world and setting up a R&D site in Israel. Next step? - Apple store!
    (though highly unlikely...)
    "And on and on I search to connect
    Bu I don't wear a mask, and I have no regrets".

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The irony of Israel begging for the worlds most successful Arab to build a store in their country so they can buy the toys he makes is funny. Steve Jobs would not have allowed it. Can anyone guess why? But this is a sure sign that he's really dead.
    (For the record, I hate Steve Jobs and I have no problem with Apple building a store in Israel. If apple wants to sell their envy inspiring products inside Israel that is the least of my concerns about what goes on in Israel.