Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Dropbox: Share Your Files Anywhere

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by requieminadream View Post
    Oh I have the Box.net free 50GB. I have barely used it because it doesn't have a desktop client. Making it absolutely un-seamless. Sure free space online is good, but Dropbox is about convenience, speed, and reliability.

I want a folder on my work computer to sync to a folder on my home computer to sync to my laptop, my iPad and my iPhone.

Box.net doesn't offer that.
    ABSOLUTELY! I agree BUT box has been getting improvements they now allow you you to drag and drop folders onto the web site which is almost as good. The minor inconvenience it provides over (under) dropbox is worth it for me as I use a lot of online storage. One of the best PERSONAL things i use it for is graphic novels comics. I have a lot of my collection on box.net and then I just use my ipad to pull a few down wherever I am for reading VERY convenient. My important files that I NEED synced among my ipad, computer and iphone I do use dropbox for! Fortunately i do not need lots of space for those!

I've been using this app for a year now and can't imagine my life without it! I use multiple computers and devices for school so if I update or write a paper on one computer, it automatically (and quickly too) syncs the new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

Dropbox is an application that lets you share files on the go and see them anywhere.

Dropbox is awesome. If you ever wanted to get pictures from your iPhone to your computer quickly, Dropbox would be one way to do that without a USB Sync cable. Photo Stream just doesn't seem like the best way to do this because Apple doesn't give you the option to delete photos from your iCloud Photo Stream individually.
    5.1 beta 2 allows you to delete photos individually from photo stream on your phone)
    Last edited by CCNPJediHacker; 12-15-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    Can't upload anything but music or videos. Want full drop again!
    FullDrop works. Icon doesn't yet. Maybe i can root into it and replace the icon?

I could use a bit more storage on Dropbox. Please use this to signup: http://db.tt/S9bTgey
    I'll delete this post or edit when/if I max out. :-)

Or this one. http://db.tt/ngwAuqT

Not sure what the difference is, but both should work. One is a twitter link and one is a share link. Whatever. Thanks!!!!
    Last edited by OneRing2Rule; 12-15-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OneRing2Rule View Post
    I could use a bit more storage on Dropbox. Please use this to signup: http://db.tt/S9bTgey
    I'll delete this post or edit when/if I max out. :-)

Or this one. http://db.tt/ngwAuqT

Not sure what the difference is, but both should work. One is a twitter link and one is a share link. Whatever. Thanks!!!!
    Do they give you more storage space for free when others sign up from u? So the whole thing is free? How do they make any money?

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Do they give you more storage space for free when others sign up from u? So the whole thing is free? How do they make any money?
    They give people a little more storage so they keep wanting more and eventually sign up for one of their paid plans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12