Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Fans Angered by Time Magazine 'Snub'

It figures that Time magazine would honor someone crapping in a park!

Quote Originally Posted by ima80baby View Post
    Have you spoken to anyone who believes in the movement? What you posted sounds like it came straight from Fox News or NY Post. This movement is bigger than the inaccurate picture you paint. I bet you think this is a left/right, rich/poor thing huh.
    If you mean the part that says Wall Street caused the economic collapse, I don't believe that either.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRepairIndy View Post
    Oh well, get over it fan boys.
    Coming from a guy on an apple website.. He was a great visionary and probably should have won. But some of those protestors the real ones, over through an entire government, i do find it weird that protestors won but come on thats pretty impressive
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I don't think OWS has educated themselves on OWS considering many of them favor communism. I ignored the rest of your post because my question didn't relate to it.
    I agree, and actually favor some of the points on the OWS site. It seems like many of them are secret Tea Partiers at heart (strictly as an economic movement) but would rather be around people who **** on cop cars than avuncular old dudes dressed liek George Washington. I'm probably alone here though

If you don't mind me asking, were you involved with the protests in Egypt or Tunisia or elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix904 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, were you involved with the protests in Egypt or Tunisia or elsewhere?
    I live in the state of Michigan and don't poop on cop cars, so no.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ntryst View Post
    With Obama losing so many jobs in 2011- It should have been Jobs!
    what Jobs has Obama lost? when Obama came into office we already lost nearly 5 million jobs under Bush, now we're loosing only a few thousand per month. Bush Tax cuts were not paid for, Bush Wars were not paid for, a middle class family pays a higher "effective rate" tax cut than a billionaire does and your iPhone was manufactured outside the US.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    If you mean the part that says Wall Street caused the economic collapse, I don't believe that either.

Wall Street in conjunction with their bought politicians did cause the economic collapse. All those bullsh*t mortgage backed securities they were selling people that they KNEW were junk. Piling debt on top of debt all for a quick buck rather than long term revenue. They cared nothing about the American people or our economy. Alan Greenspan, Larry Summers, Tim Geithner, Ben Bernanke, Bill Clinton, Bush' and the senior officials for Goldman, BoA, Fitch, AIG, Barclays, Moodys, Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers, etc, etc, etc, etc...the list extends as far as the eye can see. They were all in on it because they were all making ridiculous amounts of money from it. Giving people they knew couldn't afford homes loans they knew they couldn't pay back just because they were making big bucks every time they gave out a new mortgage and even bigger bucks every time a home went into foreclosure. And why? Because when it all comes down and the music stops, NONE of them will be left holding the bag so what difference does it make?

Why not leave my position as CEO of Goldman Sachs, sell my $485,000,000 worth of Goldman stock, not pay the $50,000,000 in taxes I should, then go on to take a position as Treasury Secretary to "fix" the mess I helped create. Why not make our banks into these HUGE TBTF corps so that we can be responsible for nothing and get bailed out when ish hits the fan? Bs mortgages they sold to homeowners, bs CDO's they sold to investors, betting against the market they created, drug money laundering and a whole myriad of other offenses. And till this day, none of them have been charged with any crimes. But you know what? You're more than likely right. Why protest against those who steal trillions when you can talk down on those who protest it. There's no merit in protesting against corporate crime. I mean what's the point when most Americans will willingly go along with it; not because they're in favor of corporate crime, but because they're against protesters. Oh America. I strongly suggest you do REAL research on what led to the financial collapse of 2008 because I'm sure you don't know. If you think these "bubbles" are coincidences and just "happen from time to time" or for no reason at all, you need to dig deep because behind EVERY financial crises there is a reason, whether we're talking 2008 or 1988 in Japan. Problem is people are so busy hating protesters they'll allow this stuff to happen all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Yay! Protestors FTW! Honesty though, I can't stand most protestors. Go and get a job. Or a life, or both.
    Yeah, we should all settle for living in a bubble and not saying against when we really don't want it.
    In my eyes it's you who need to grow balls and not take all the junk thrown at you and accept it for what it is, sometimes you can do better and shouldn't settle for whatever reason that isn't OK.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to M_Quick For This Useful Post:

ima80baby (12-16-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ima80baby View Post
    This thread is filled with hilarity. People are quick to assume that because they have a job, live in a decent neighborhood and are jacked into their f'in iPhones and Facebook all day everything is cool. Part of the reason the country is going to sh*t and laws taking away our freedom and free speech are being passed left, right and center. Wake up folks, I assure you the grass is not greener. The basic principles America was built on are being trampled on and people have the nerve to talk down on those who fight for it and would rather see their hero as "Person of the Year" for some magazine. Lol.

First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.
    QFT - great Martin Niemoller quote my friend. How true it is...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123