+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Fans Angered by Time Magazine 'Snub'

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Zokunei Which one? The Mubarak regime, so Egyptian protests Originally Posted by Zokunei Seriously though, in these countries mob rule is as bad as a dictatorship. Look
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Which one?
    The Mubarak regime, so Egyptian protests

Seriously though, in these countries mob rule is as bad as a dictatorship. Look at all the Christians terrorized after the Egyptian revolution.
    Dude its really not as bad as they make it seem on tv.
    Last edited by micro_master; 12-14-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by micro_master View Post
    The Mubarak regime, so Egyptian protests

Dude its really not as bad as they make it seem on tv.
    I'm still doubtful of long-lasting prosperity there. Best of luck to you though.

Thanks
    They should have made B.O. the "person" of the year.. Then they could have covered the Occutards and our favorite hippy Steve, bless his heart.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm still doubtful of long-lasting prosperity there. Best of luck to you though.
    I know what you mean, and we are all hoping for the best too.
    Thank you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

As much as I hate the occupy protestors...I still prefer them over Steve Jobs.

What did Steve Jobs do? He invented a phone, spearheaded the legal campaign against everyone who wasn't Apple (which bloated the number of lawyers we have and clogged the justice system on an international level), and he died of cancer.

I have a 28 year old friend who is dying of cancer and he isn't Person of the Year. Steve Jobs is not that important in the grand scheme of things. If you think Steve Jobs liked any of you people...you would be dead wrong...I doubt he would spit on you if you were on fire...for fear of some legal retaliation for the spitting.

But we all know Apple has a legal team bigger than the US Military so I guess in the end he would be fine.

Thanks

SERIOUSLY? The Mother F-in Protestor? The average protestor doesn't have a clue as to what they are protesting or how to actually make real changes in the world? I mean really? You've got to be kidding me TIME, I remember when you were a reputable magazine, what happened? Apparently some "occupy" bums hung out at your headquarters long enough that people starting believing they actually worked there... So, Not Cool!! I guess I am just jealous that I have a real job and take my responsibilities in life seriously which doesn't allow me to go camping and create messes for other people to clean up when I get bored. SERIOUSLY? The Mother F-in Protestor?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Steve Jobs did not do much in the past year, that said I think he should be "Person of the Decade" for how much he has changed the digital and electronic theater.

Also, I put very little stock in the Man of the Year because of some of the people they've chosen in the past.
    Adolf Hitler - 1938
    Joseph Stalin - 1939 / 1942
    Ayatollah Khomeini - 1979

There are others but none as glaringly bad.

Thanks

Seriously? The Mother F-in' Protestor? I mean REALLY? The majority of these bums don't even know what they are protesting or how to actually go about making changes in the world. I remember when TIME magazine use to be a reputable magazine, what happened? My guess is a bunch of these "occupy" bums hung out so long at their headquarters that TIME employees started believing they actually worked there. What a JOKE!! I guess I am just jealous that I have a real job and take my responsibilities seriously thus making it unrealistic to go camping and make messesfor others to clean up whenever I get bored...

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Why are there so many Apple haters on this forum anyways? If you hate all things Apple why join up in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherscourge View Post
    He brought nothing new to the world expect countless patent lawsuits.
    Really? Have you been living under a rock for the last 30 years?
    Last edited by luvmytj; 12-14-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Yay! Protestors FTW! Honesty though, I can't stand most protestors. Go and get a job. Or a life, or both.
    Are you serious? you obviously have no idea how much better off this world is WITH protestors. without people fighting for their rights and the rights of others we'd still be living in the dark ages, as surfs, with an aristocracy that rests its feet on our necks. America would still be a colony of England, Blacks would still be slaves or still living under Jim Crow laws. Women would still be treated as property, Child Labor Laws would be nonexistent, Wheelchair bound people would be S.O.L Taxes would be too high and you would have been drafted into military service instead of sitting there on your @ss criticizing the very people who have given you so much.

Its scary that in 2011, people are still so narrow minded and ignorant.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This thread is filled with hilarity. People are quick to assume that because they have a job, live in a decent neighborhood and are jacked into their f'in iPhones and Facebook all day everything is cool. Part of the reason the country is going to sh*t and laws taking away our freedom and free speech are being passed left, right and center. Wake up folks, I assure you the grass is not greener. The basic principles America was built on are being trampled on and people have the nerve to talk down on those who fight for it and would rather see their hero as "Person of the Year" for some magazine. Lol.

First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ima80baby For This Useful Post:

jOnGarrett (12-15-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ima80baby View Post
    This thread is filled with hilarity. People are quick to assume that because they have a job, live in a decent neighborhood and are jacked into their f'in iPhones and Facebook all day everything is cool. Part of the reason the country is going to sh*t and laws taking away our freedom and free speech are being passed left, right and center. Wake up folks, I assure you the grass is not greener. The basic principles America was built on are being trampled on and people have the nerve to talk down on those who fight for it and would rather see their hero as "Person of the Year" for some magazine. Lol.
    Occupy Wallstreet is about the founding principles of our country?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seriously? The occupy protestors beat jobs? I honestly am not upset about jobs not bein the man but seriously? This is the dumbest **** I've ever heard. Those hippie protestors need to get a life or at least protest at Washington instead of wall street. If they want something done about this country, it should be Obama they talk to...

Thanks

Occupy Wallstreet is about the founding principles of our country?
    Yes and a long list of other things. I still find it amazing that after 3 months people haven't taken the time to PROPERLY educate themselves on OWS.

Interesting you ignored the rest of my post.
    Last edited by ima80baby; 12-14-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ima80baby View Post
    Yes and a long list of other things. I still find it amazing that after 3 months people haven't taken the time to PROPERLY educate themselves on OWS.

Interesting you ignored the rest of my post.
    I don't think OWS has educated themselves on OWS considering many of them favor communism. I ignored the rest of your post because my question didn't relate to it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Boohoo...what babies.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ntryst's Avatar
    Thanks

With Obama losing so many jobs in 2011- It should have been Jobs!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Good decision by Time Magazine. Yes Jobs changed the world of tech, but what has happened in the Middle East has been amazing IMHO. Democracy FTW

Thanks

I don't think OWS has educated themselves on OWS considering many of them favor communism. I ignored the rest of your post because my question didn't relate to it.
    Have you spoken to anyone who believes in the movement? What you posted sounds like it came straight from Fox News or NY Post. This movement is bigger than the inaccurate picture you paint. I bet you think this is a left/right, rich/poor thing huh.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why? Because without him and apple, you could not be posting and discussing in this forum. THAT WHY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    I really don't see what Steve has done to be THIS YEAR'S person of the year. The new iPhone is not revolutionary and its main feature is still in Beta stage. The iPad2 is a speedier much more polished version of its predecessor.....but again....nothing truly remarkable.

It's based on your accomplishments for the YEAR....not lifetime. Steve has already been more than recognized for his achievements....but THIS YEAR Steve and Apple haven't done anything special.