+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Pushing to More Aggressively Compete with iTunes

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Everyone wants a bigger piece of the iTunes market share - especially Samsung. Next year, the South Korean consumer electronics giant will aggressively escalate its efforts to compete with iTunes,
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Samsung Pushing to More Aggressively Compete with iTunes

Everyone wants a bigger piece of the iTunes market share - especially Samsung.

Next year, the South Korean consumer electronics giant will aggressively escalate its efforts to compete with iTunes, most likely as the result of serving up digital content directly to customers who purchase Samsung products like smartphones, tablets, and even televisions.

Those who believe iTunes and Apple better serve customers when they face better competition in the marketplace are likely thrilled with the news that Samsung Electronics has even hired former AOL and Google executive David Eun "to lead a new push to create more media offerings." David Eun's new title is that of Executive Vice President.

As we know, Apple and - to a lesser degree - Google have established strong footholds in the digital content space, with Samsung presently lagging far behind. The high-profile hiring of the former President of AOL Media and Studios is a clear indication of Samsung's desire to compete at a much more heightened and engaged level.

"Samsung Electronics has an unparalleled footprint across multiple devices and platforms that provides a unique experience to consumers around the world. The competition for prominence in the living room has already begun, and Samsung Electronics is ideally situated to extend beyond that to connect the entire home and the lives of consumers," Eun said in his first formal comments since joining Samsung. "I'm looking forward to joining the impressive leadership already in place and to building a new presence in media for Samsung Electronics."

Source: Samsung Electronics

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Competition? Cool. Competition from a company who's first thoughts of delivering media to consumers occurred in 2011, very near a decade after the fact? Well, I guess they can compete too. Let's give them a participation ribbon.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
    Competition? Cool. Competition from a company who's first thoughts of delivering media to consumers occurred in 2011, very near a decade after the fact? Well, I guess they can compete too. Let's give them a participation ribbon.
    digital media is nothing new and apple jumped in too nearly a decade later. I was buying and downloading digital media in the 90's on my Windows CE device.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    digital media is nothing new and apple jumped in too nearly a decade later. I was buying and downloading digital media in the 90's on my Windows CE device.
    This then makes samsung to jump to the bandwagon TWO decades after the fact?
    PRAETORIANNI NONNUMQUAM IN PROELIO NUMQUAM IN BELLO SUPERANTUR

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Samsung as usual copying other people.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Well they don't have to try very hard with how much iTunes sucks anywayx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Samsung as usual copying other people.
    Yeah..... Huhmmmmm..... Samsung copies too much since touch devices came... Too bad.
    Niels97Oet - On YouTube, Twitter and Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow Samsung! Planning another copy of Apple's already?