+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brazil Gets the Apple TV

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Brazil residents can now get themselves a shiny new Apple TV. Apple TV is an internet streaming device for the TV that lets you watch TV shows, movies, and use
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Brazil Gets the Apple TV

Brazil residents can now get themselves a shiny new Apple TV.

Apple TV is an internet streaming device for the TV that lets you watch TV shows, movies, and use other services on your TV for a price. There are some free features but you will find that many are paid. The Apple TV doesn't replace cable, it just offers certain services on demand.

Earlier in the week we reported that Canadian Apple TV users could now start downloading TV shows thanks to a firmware update. But Canada still had access to Apple TV's. There are countries out there that don't even have that freedom yet. One being Brazil; but that's about to change.

Brazil residents will be able to get the Apple TV today. Apple launched the Apple TV for Brazil on the Brazilian Apple Store online for a price of R$ 399 which translates to $217 in United States currency. Tell me that isn't a steep increase from the $99 that we can get here in North America? It does come with one good thing and that is free shipping.

As well as Apple TV, Apple announced yesterday that they were opening iTunes Match and the iTunes Store in Brazil and Latin America. This, along with the Apple TV launch is obviously a strategic timing to get sales running as soon as possible. Brazil residents who have been eagerly awaiting Apple services in their country can now stop holding their breath and start using them when they want to start shelling out the cash for it.

How many Brazil residents do we have here at Modmyi that will be getting the Apple TV? Share in the comments below!

Sources: The Next Web
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-13-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

test

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Me!!!
    I'm definitely getting it!
    Despite looking horribly expensive for you guys, it's actually a lot cheaper than I thought it would be.
    I was expecting something about 100 dollars more expensive...