Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
12-12-2011, 11:30 AM #1
Amazon Says Steve Jobs Now Now Top eBook Too
It's been all over the news in recent days that Walter Isaacson's biography of late Apple CEO Steve Jobs has become the best-selling book of the year in record time. But until now, most reports have only taken into consideration the hardcover sales of the hot tome. On Monday, Amazon announced that electronic versions of the bio are going for a record of their own.
By Amazon's own admission, Kindle eBooks can boast of outselling hardcover and paperback editions - combined. Consequently, Kindle book sales are now factored into Amazon's rankings of bestsellers. And when it comes to eBook and hardcover hits, the Steve Jobs bio is the biggest seller in both print and electronic titles for 2011.
According to Amazon, here are top 10 best-selling books overall for the year:
- “Steve Jobs” by Walter Isaacson
- “Bossypants” by Tina Fey
- “A Stolen Life” by Jaycee Dugard
- “The Mill River Recluse” by Darcie Chan
- “In the Garden of the Beasts” by Erik Larson
- “A Dance with Dragons” by George R.R. Martin
- “The Paris Wife” by Paula McLain
- “The Litigators” by John Grisham
- “The Abbey” by Chris Culver
- “Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle)” by Christopher Paolini
“After the year of recommending books to our customers, it’s always fun to see what books really resonated with them,” said Chris Schluep in this morning's press release. He's the Senior Editor of Books at Amazon.com “We chose ‘Steve Jobs’ as one of the Top 10 best books of the year, and even though it was published in October, the sales have been phenomenal in both formats.”
12-12-2011, 12:02 PM #2
Even in death he's a marketing genius.