+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Build To Order iMac Wait Time Reduced to 2-4 Weeks

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Build To Order iMac Wait Time Reduced to 2-4 Weeks

Last week, many people noticed that the wait time for build-to-order iMacs with 2TB hard drives had leaped up to 5 to 7 weeks. The folks over at AppleInsider have recently reported that the wait time has now dropped to 2 to 4 weeks. For those of you who had been contemplating whether or not to purchase one, now might be a good time. Especially if it was a planned holiday gift, in which case you should probably order as soon as possible to try and hit the low end of the 2 week estimate.

For those of you who didnít already know, the recent delay being seen with many companies and products and not just Apple, is being caused by flooding in Thailand. The flooding has affected both hard drive manufacturers and companies that supply hard drive components. The shortage was first thought to be a minor delay but apparently is now being expected to last until the summer of 2012.

Companies such as Western Digital recently announced that they had resumed hard drive production but industry analysts are expecting the hard drive shortage to linger. Just this week, IHS predicted that the flooding in Thailand could cause a shortfall of nearly 4 million total PC units in the first quarter of 2012. The research firm also changed their projected total PC sales in 2012 from 399 million to 376 million to reflect the news.

Source: AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

I wonder why I wonder why I wonder why.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Thanks

Good news for those who ordered a costumized iMac I ordered my MacBook Pro off newegg and got it in 3 business days I don't think I ever gonna order one of this monsters , or maybe I play the lotto tomorrow $$