+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Biography Already Best Selling Book of 2011 on Amazon

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Steve Jobs famously proclaimed “people don’t read anymore” in a 2008 New York Times article where he slammed Amazon’s Kindle e-reader as irrelevant and doomed. So it seems just a
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Steve Jobs Biography Already Best Selling Book of 2011 on Amazon

Steve Jobs famously proclaimed “people don’t read anymore” in a 2008 New York Times article where he slammed Amazon’s Kindle e-reader as irrelevant and doomed. So it seems just a wee bit ironic Walter Isaacson’s authorized Steve Jobs biography is already the bestselling book on Amazon for 2011.

Released just over a month ago, the book debuted at #13 on Amazon’s Best Sellers list and sold a reported 383,000 copies in its first week. That’s physical copies, not digital. By mid-November Jobs' biography took the number two spot before ultimately taking the top spot in early December. Jobs’ biography is now Amazon’s overall best-selling book of the year after less than two months of availability. A remarkable feat for a 650-odd page biography. But, the book is already down to #2 on the active Best Sellers list, behind Diary of Wimpy Kid 6: Cabin Fever...

The Jobs money train won’t likely stop soon. Sony acquired the movie rights to produce a film based on the biography and Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network) is reportedly extremely interested in penning the script.

Amazon’s numbers, while encouraging, beg the question: what about iBook sales of Jobs biography? Breaking down the sales of the biography could divulge some interesting information about the e-book reading habits of iOS and other e-reader users. Perhaps most interesting comparison would come between digital sales and physical sales of Jobs’ biography.

Then again, the results might make the late Apple Executive turn over in his grave.

Source: MacRumors

Green Apple
    Thanks
    A lot of folks will get the hard cover edition simply to have it as a collectible, while some others may go as far as getting both...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

I was disappointed with the book.Also, I did not get the impression the writer was a fan of Jobs at all. Not that the writers approval of Jobs mattered anyway, it was just something I gathered while reading the book. I was glad to finish that read.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Isaacson is definitely a fan of Jobs. He was simply trying to maintain a neutral point of view throughout the book to avoid skewing readers' opinions.

Personally, I enjoyed the book very much. If it made Steve Jobs look like a complete *** sometimes, that is probably because he was. However, he was also very brilliant in many ways, which is also shown throughout the book.