Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Rumors Point to Three Different Sizes for Upcoming Apple Television Set

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,367
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 144 Times in 129 Posts

    Default Rumors Point to Three Different Sizes for Upcoming Apple Television Set


    After citing sources in Japan, Australia’s SmartHouse reported that Apple’s new television is to come in an entry-level size of 32 inches, a maximum size of 55 inches, and a third model which would fall somewhere between there.

    According to the report, the source is a “major Japanese company” that is involved in manufacturing. It also agrees with other rumors which mentioned that the Apple television will feature Siri integration, which would allow users to control the TV set with their voice. Powering the television is said to be a processor which is expected to debut in Apple’s third-generation iPad, which should be arriving sometime during the end of Q2 2012. It is assumed that the processor will be an “A6” custom-built ARM-based CPU.

    The high-end 55 inch model is currently expected to compete with “smart TVs” from established TV makers such as LG and Samsung. According to the report, the companies’ next-generation TV sets are expected to have new features like faster processors, a “combination of OLED display,” and “Super HD” from LG. The rumors of an Apple television set have been picking up increasingly since the release of the authorized biography of Steve Jobs. In the book, Jobs hinted to the author, Isaacson that Apple was working on a completely new device that would feature “the simplest user interface you could imagine.”

    Current rumors suggest that the anticipated television set could arrive as early as mid 2012, while others say that Apple might announce it late next year with an early 2013 sale date. Are you looking forward to an Apple television set? Share any thoughts below!

    Source: SmartHouse

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand

  2. #2
    I have $39 000 burning a hole in my pocket. I was going to burn it all...but I think spending it on an overpriced Apple TV will amount to the same thing.

  3. #3
    If priced more expensive than other TVs on the market no one will buy this.

  4. #4
    i have a boner

  5. #5
    Apple TV? I CAN SEE IT NOW!

    Third model will be 21.5 inches. Starts at the low price of $1599, and it'll sell out in 5 hours after release.

    1st generation Apple TV will have glorious 480p resolution. 2nd generation, they'll stick an "[S]" on it and give it the brand new innovative 720p RETINA resolution. 3rd generation and beyond, they may consider adding 3G. All higher end models (only) may get the Blu-ray attachment.

    Afterwards, after it gets as popular as the iPhone, Apple will start suing other TV manufacturers into oblivion for "stealing" their TV blueprints because Apple innovated the rectangular-TV design first. People won't mind as long as they get their Fox News and Facebook.

  6. #6
    Default Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir1134 View Post
    Apple TV? I CAN SEE IT NOW!

    Third model will be 21.5 inches. Starts at the low price of $1599, and it'll sell out in 5 hours after release.

    1st generation Apple TV will have glorious 480p resolution. 2nd generation, they'll stick an "[S]" on it and give it the brand new innovative 720p RETINA resolution. 3rd generation and beyond, they may consider adding 3G. All higher end models (only) may get the Blu-ray attachment.

    Afterwards, after it gets as popular as the iPhone, Apple will start suing other TV manufacturers into oblivion for "stealing" their TV blueprints because Apple innovated the rectangular-TV design first. People won't mind as long as they get their Fox News and Facebook.
    Stop hating on Apple. Whats the point of a company? To give people stuff and not make a profit, or gain a profit? Apple is just doing their job gaining money with their smart marketing techniques. They made it officially "cool" to have an Apple Device, so pretty much everybody will try to get this Tv. And think a little bit, their not going to put the starting price at 1600 dollars.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast
    Stop hating on Apple. Whats the point of a company? To give people stuff and not make a profit, or gain a profit? Apple is just doing their job gaining money with their smart marketing techniques. They made it officially "cool" to have an Apple Device, so pretty much everybody will try to get this Tv. And think a little bit, their not going to put the starting price at 1600 dollars.
    Your mad is showing

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by J Sweeney View Post
    If priced more expensive than other TVs on the market no one will buy this.
    No, people will buy it. Make it aluminum, shiny and stick an apple logo on it and people will buy it.

  9. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    I am most interested in how this will be different than their current Apple TV product. At $100, I think it is priced right as a media streaming machine, and it does it well. Will they be getting rid of their current Apple TVs in favor of this thing? I am sure this will sell, nut much like the media display, I am sure it will be overpriced for what it is.

  10. #10
    Processors refresh every year. I rather upgrade a $100 atv rather than a $3000 55" tv every year.

  11. #11
    When apple releases a competing smart tv, no one dares to say they copying samsung or LG. Oh no, its innovation! am i right?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by epikarus View Post
    When apple releases a competing smart tv, no one dares to say they copying samsung or LG. Oh no, its innovation! am i right?
    Yes





  13. #13
    If the price of their monitors are anything to go by, these are going to be some disgustingly expensive Televisions. I have no doubt that it will be a beautiful product but if their 27" display is £900, a 32" television with an Apple TV inside is going to be £1100+ easy, as for their 55"? Scary!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir1134 View Post
    Apple TV? I CAN SEE IT NOW!

    Third model will be 21.5 inches. Starts at the low price of $1599, and it'll sell out in 5 hours after release.

    1st generation Apple TV will have glorious 480p resolution. 2nd generation, they'll stick an "[S]" on it and give it the brand new innovative 720p RETINA resolution. 3rd generation and beyond, they may consider adding 3G. All higher end models (only) may get the Blu-ray attachment.

    Afterwards, after it gets as popular as the iPhone, Apple will start suing other TV manufacturers into oblivion for "stealing" their TV blueprints because Apple innovated the rectangular-TV design first. People won't mind as long as they get their Fox News and Facebook.
    Wether you are hating or not, you made me laugh! I found that very amusing and I thank you for it

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir1134 View Post
    Apple TV? I CAN SEE IT NOW!

    Third model will be 21.5 inches. Starts at the low price of $1599, and it'll sell out in 5 hours after release.

    1st generation Apple TV will have glorious 480p resolution. 2nd generation, they'll stick an "[S]" on it and give it the brand new innovative 720p RETINA resolution. 3rd generation and beyond, they may consider adding 3G. All higher end models (only) may get the Blu-ray attachment.

    Afterwards, after it gets as popular as the iPhone, Apple will start suing other TV manufacturers into oblivion for "stealing" their TV blueprints because Apple innovated the rectangular-TV design first. People won't mind as long as they get their Fox News and Facebook.
    Pmsl very good :-)

    I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

  16. #16
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    It will be an UHDTV(Ultra High Definition) it will be white with rounded edges and be no more than 1inch thick. It will start selling at $5000+. UHDTV's were supposed to come out in the next 5-10 years but apple coukd make this happen by summer of next year. Apple always throws something unexpected that wasn't rumor predicted hopefully it is really good.

  17. #17
    How can't I get a tv signal must be the way am holding tv on my wall lucky for me I never payed for the tv found it in a pub lol

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    If the price of their monitors are anything to go by, these are going to be some disgustingly expensive Televisions. I have no doubt that it will be a beautiful product but if their 27" display is £900, a 32" television with an Apple TV inside is going to be £1100+ easy, as for their 55"? Scary!
    Agreed! Still going to get one though, that is unless Siri comes to a jail broken apple HDTV box. ( I say jail broken because if this tv is coming with Siri then you know the next gen apple tv box will not have it. There would be too much incentive not to buy a tv that has more pixels than 1080p bray movies can provide. Apple would probably supplement the lack of content with a speciat link to downloadable material which would have a higher resolution. Seriously though, what's the point??) Then I'd be game with my tride n true Sammy.

  19. #19
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pinson, Alabama
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Very cool! I will have to get one of these myself!

  20. #20
    Default "Lives for Jihad"
    @LivesforJihad You should probably not use cell phones or computers, because all of this technology was invented by "the great satan" westerners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •