Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Next Generation Apple TV Code-Name 'J33' Referenced in iOS 5

Default Next Generation Apple TV Code-Name 'J33' Referenced in iOS 5

Apple’s has a nasty habit of sneaking code names of unreleased devices into new iOS firmware updates. Today’s iOS 5.1 beta is no different hiding the codename for the next generation Apple TV inside.

In the depths of iOS 5 references to a product code-named J33 are present. The J33 codename is the second of its kind. The next generation iPad was first with its J2 code name. The move to JXX code names is the next logical step. Apple exhausted its KXX code names with the CDMA iPad 2 code-named K95.

As far as other information regarding the new Apple TV? There isn’t much. The A5 dual core processor is likely to power the new Apple TV and the added power means 1080p playback will finally be possible. Rumors of an Apple TV with bluetooth capabilities have been swirling as well.

My most desired feature for the new Apple TV is that Apple open the platform to developers. Can you imagine what the development community and their jailbreak peers could do with the new Apple TV? Airplay is nice, but there is a ton of unrealized potential with the Apple TV.

Source: 9to5Mac

Damn dude and I just bought an apple tv
    Last edited by fatalcrixer; 11-28-2011 at 11:17 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatalcrixer View Post
    Don't feel bad. I have 4 of them...

I own 2 and waiting for the next version to come out too buy a 3rd (I don't have cable so use one of these on each tv in the house)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The day the Apple TV can play DVDs, I will seriously consider buying one. Even if it uses a nearby Mac's optical drive, that would be a pivotal feature. Until then, it's just a $100 alternative to an iPad HDMI adapter to me.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Puka1701 View Post
    The day the Apple TV can play DVDs, I will seriously consider buying one. Even if it uses a nearby Mac's optical drive, that would be a pivotal feature. Until then, it's just a $100 alternative to an iPad HDMI adapter to me.
    Why not blu ray? So much better quality...

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Quote Originally Posted by scottw03 View Post
    I own 2 and waiting for the next version to come out too buy a 3rd (I don't have cable so use one of these on each tv in the house)
    I don't have cable either I also own a roku box for other crap like crackle and Hulu you should also buy what I bought from Walmart it's a DTV antenna from Phillips it costs 19.99 and I get literally 30 channels for free some in HD just sayin .. I convinced my mom to grab one and she dropped direct tv haha

I don't have cable either I also own a roku box for other crap like crackle and Hulu you should also buy what I bought from Walmart it's a DTV antenna from Phillips it costs 19.99 and I get literally 30 channels for free some in HD just sayin .. I convinced my mom to grab one and she dropped direct tv haha
    Yeah. Just bought another LED LCD tv yesterday and plan on getting the antenna to use with it. I had roku but sent it back. We use Netflix and iTunes for most of our stuff so the roku just sat there. I am hoping that in a firmware update or future version of the ATV that certain apps like crackle and Hulu+ will be able to be used. Or other apps like HDPlayer so we can stream movies in other formats.

ATV2 jailbroken with XBMC streaming movies off a computer on the network is incredible for a home theatre. I have cable but rarely use it. With AirPlay from my iP4 and iPad2 it is the ultimate home theatre device.

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpyder View Post
    ATV2 jailbroken with XBMC streaming movies off a computer on the network is incredible for a home theatre. I have cable but rarely use it. With AirPlay from my iP4 and iPad2 it is the ultimate home theatre device.
    Scared to jb my ATV since it is simple to use for the wife. I am in the military and need to know that while I am deployed for a few months everything at home is fine. Otherwise I might try it on one of them. Maybe later after I get the next version and have three in the house. We will see

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpyder View Post
    I use XBMC but I stream straight from the net... No computer needed.. It's pretty easy once you set it up... I'm sure you would agree once you add ice films video add on to XBMC that everything else isn't needed such as Comcast or any other cable service.

Quote Originally Posted by scottw03 View Post
    Scared to jb my ATV since it is simple to use for the wife. I am in the military and need to know that while I am deployed for a few months everything at home is fine. Otherwise I might try it on one of them. Maybe later after I get the next version and have three in the house. We will see
    Once she follows the steps it's pretty easy... My lady is used to it after a few tries... XBMC > video > add ons> ice films> then you can select from a whole lot of categories
    Last edited by TrueLoyaltyInc; 11-30-2011 at 04:14 AM.