+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Apple Ranks in Top 5 Online Retailers for Black Friday According to comScore

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Ranks in Top 5 Online Retailes for Black Friday According to comScore

It was previously reported that Apple blew away Black Friday sales, accounting for their biggest sales day of all time. The research firm comScore is backing up the reporting by placing Apple at number 5 among the most visited online retailers on Black Friday. Andrew Lipsman of comScore had the following to say regarding the matter:

Apple has not historically been in the top five — in fact, this is the first time I can remember… Even though Apple does not provide the selection of products that you might find at a big box retailer, it is obviously top of mind when it comes to the most in-demand products, like the iPhone and iPad. Two of the biggest growth sectors right now are tablets and digital content downloads, and obviously Apple is extremely well positioned on both fronts.
    Furthermore, it was noted that Apple was nipping at Target’s heels for fourth place, which is quite a feat considering Apple doesn't sell as many products as a retailer like Target does. For those of you who might be wondering, the research conducted by comScore included iTunes sales as well, including apps, videos, and any other digital content. The companies that beat Apple out included Amazon (coming in at number 1), Walmart, Best Buy, and Target (in that order). The research does NOT include Apple’s retail stores, which ended up offering some of the company’s lowest ever Black Friday discounts.

It was also announced earlier today that Apple was offering free shipping on all U.S. orders through December 22nd (with some restrictions for international orders). This provides further encouragement for shoppers who are eligible to shop more during the upcoming holiday season. It is expected that the seasonal sales will continue aggressively for the Cupertino giant going forward given the tactics they are using.

What do you think? Did you take advantage of the Apple discounts offered this past weekend? Do you plan to take up the offer of free shipping this upcoming month? Share any thoughts and experiences below!

Source: comScore

Thanks

I been broken the whole month !!
    No shopping for me ;(

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll wait for cyber monday on 2012. NO POINT GETTING RUN OVER by all these madness!!!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    I'll wait for cyber monday on 2012. NO POINT GETTING RUN OVER by all these madness!!!
    Huh? This is referring to online sales. Unless you are logging in to buy things at an internet cafe with people clamoring to do the same, how are you getting run over?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ... Apple Blew away on Black Friday ... Lowest Discounts Friday? I guess 45 dollars off a 499 iPad is enough for some people?Is it just me or were only a few expecting more % discounts (maybe 30% off an iPad?!)