+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HP Chairman Uses A Mac

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Ray Lane, the chairman of HP, uses a MacBook Air in his home. [11/11/2011] Google's Eric Schmidt isn't the only Apple competitor that uses a MacBook for his Web surfing
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default HP Chairman Uses A Mac

Ray Lane, the chairman of HP, uses a MacBook Air in his home. [11/11/2011]

Google's Eric Schmidt isn't the only Apple competitor that uses a MacBook for his Web surfing and computer needs! HP's chairman as well, Ray Lane, uses a MacBook Air.

From my experience I have owned several HP computers. I think they're among the best of the Windows PC lineups out there. I prefer them over Dell, Acer, Toshiba, and Vaio. They come with not only decent specifications but also well designed cases and notebook styles as well. Not all, but a vast majority of HP computers not only look good, but perform good too. I'm a firm believer that a computer that I use on a daily basis should look good. I like owning good looking products. To me, a computer is like my car. I want the computer to look good and perform good. I don't really want to settle with one or the other.

Apple came in to the rescue. The computers look good and also carry all of the modern specifications. Intel Core i5 and Core i7 Sandy Bridge processors, 4-16GB RAM options, SSD/HDD options, and the latest ATI graphics bring the computers in at some of the best OEM performance you can get. On the flip side, the computers look like they've come from the year 3000 with their sleek aluminum bodies, back-lit keyboards, and slim profiles. Windows PC equivalents seldom look as good, but they can certainly match the specifications.

When you're as high up in the boss hierarchy as being the chairman of a company, you want all of your belongings to look good. In addition to looking good, you will settle for nothing less than the best of the best of performance. Can you really blame HP chairman, Ray Lane, for using a Mac?

Sources: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-22-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Thanks
    Macs are good pcs I still have a g3 iBook with Mac os 10.4 on it. Use it more than my HP with win 7 on it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Huh, well that's interesting. Trying to imagine if I was chairman of a company...would I use one of my competitors' products? Lol I have concluded that I suppose I might. Nothing wrong with that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mlitz69 View Post
    Macs are good pcs I still have a g3 iBook with Mac os 10.4 on it. Use it more than my HP with win 7 on it.
    Oh nice thanks for sharing =)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often. - Mark Twain

Thanks

I want a Mac sooo bad... have to find a justifiable reason to buy one without my fiancé cracking down. Lol

I can always say," well the chairman of HP has one.." not sure if she will go for it though. Worth a shot

Thanks

Meh.. Considering HP went through hell recently it doesnt suprise me. Massive layoffs etc. HP does suck tho, it sucks less than dell but still sucks lol. WTB a real comp maker for windows... maybe microsoft lol. But all that aside, considering apple is a hardware company and microsoft is more software company its natural for mac hardware +their own OS to perform better. Microsoft trys to supply too many while apple says do this or get a Windows comp.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Who gives a ****? Just because they work for that company doesn't mean they have to only use their products.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 11-22-2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Poor choice of words

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    I want a Mac sooo bad... have to find a justifiable reason to buy one without my fiancé cracking down. Lol

I can always say," well the chairman of HP has one.." not sure if she will go for it though. Worth a shot
    Tell her the resale value is fantastic. Planning to sell my 2010 MBP for $800 so I can upgrade to the 2011 model, can't say I know many Windows machines that will hold a value like that after nearly two years.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeveIV View Post

Who gives a ****? Just because they work for that company doesn't mean they have to only use their products.
    Exactly, but I bet if you work for apple you aren't allowed to say anything about or use anything other than apple!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Tell her the resale value is fantastic. Planning to sell my 2010 MBP for $800 so I can upgrade to the 2011 model, can't say I know many Windows machines that will hold a value like that after nearly two years.
    True but still pretty steep. Ha, well my birthday is on Christmas...

Christmas discount=$200 off sale price(800) - brings down to $600
    Birthday discount= an additional $500 ( reason- very special day) brings that down to 100

Sound like a deal?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    And how much did you pay for it? The depreciation of the MacBook is about the price of the equivalent model laptop. I have a MacBook myself and think they are great, but you do need to put things into perspective a bit here.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I was a big fan of HP but I have more HP than anything else in my repair shop, this news doesn't surprise me at all everybody will fall in love with a Mac if they have the chance to use it for a while

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you make an analogy to the head of a car manufacturing company you'll realize that it makes a lot of sens for the HP chairman to use Apple products. If your company produces cheap cars for the working class you're not gonna drive the car that you produce and you will probably own one or more luxury cars. same with computers.. apple its a luxury computer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone expl0itfinder's Avatar
    Thanks

The irony...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post

Man up and tell her to go get you one. If she disagrees just get mad and tell her you're getting the expensive model if you have to get it yourself.

Banned
    Thanks

I was at Apple retail store SoHo about 2 months ago and there was a 'Genius' at the bar using a DELL., he wasn't even trying to hide it, he had it right on the counter. I absolutely had to grab a pic an post it on my Face Book page. Employees are people too, do you think guys who work for Coca-Cola don't drink Pepsi? or some girl who works at Burger King, never eats at McDonald's?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    And how much did you pay for it? The depreciation of the MacBook is about the price of the equivalent model laptop. I have a MacBook myself and think they are great, but you do need to put things into perspective a bit here.
    $980.

Thanks

Glad he is not like B. Gates that bans all apple products from his house lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    I was at Apple retail store SoHo about 2 months ago and there was a 'Genius' at the bar using a DELL., he wasn't even trying to hide it, he had it right on the counter. I absolutely had to grab a pic an post it on my Face Book page. Employees are people too, do you think guys who work for Coca-Cola don't drink Pepsi? or some girl who works at Burger King, never eats at McDonald's?
    You are correct. But Certain people shouldn't be using other competitors products in the open.

Like why would you want everyone knowing your the Chairman of HP and using an Mac? WTHeck dude really?
    Like i said action speaks louder then words.. who cares what comes outta his mouth he is using a Mac that basically say it all right there.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.