Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Stop Supporting SOPA; Also Microsoft, Intel, Adobe

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    i hate to double post but read carefully what i just stated. No other country would be safe. Only kids would say they are going to leave the country if this passes or cowards. What we need is a true revolt of all of this corrupt government. No, i am not involved in any occupy bs. I am a full time programmer and this is just come to wits end. We cannot allow revocation of free speech. We will not allow censorship of what we created.
    amen!

Im sorry, @ CHShuldiner is who I meant, I find it funny you actually joined modmyi a few months ago and tell me to go where I came from. I recall joining this site when it was called modmyifone, did you just join this site because mommy and daddy got you a shiny new phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I left this site LONG ago because of the idiocy that has joined as of late
    1) If you left a long time ago, why are you here?
    2) If you left a LONG time ago, how are you aware of the idiocy that has joined as of late?
    3) SOPA should shut you down

I check all the time, I just don't post. Are you serious dude? You don't get what America truly stands for, and I apologize that everything is just handed to you kids nowadays, because you won't understand until it's too late. SOPA should shut me down? You agree that there shall be no free speech, is that it? Because of what I chose to post about? I was informing you the US owns the internet. That needed said. You c0dy can honestly say what you want. That is free speech. Obviously don't support democracy.

Once again though, I'm told by someone who has been here for a far shorter time than I, that I should leave. You see why I don't post. Silly kid. You know all too well just what others should do. There's a word for that as well. They called it communism. You may as well support SOPA.
    Last edited by prodigy; 11-22-2011 at 06:57 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think it will get passed to be honest.. We have a right to vote don't we? If people understand that the Internet will be completely controlled by the government they'd hate this.

Keep the debate and disscusion clean. No need to worry about who has been here longer or who hasn't. Insulting other member is against the rules.

Keep it a clean.

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xNEOxGENESISx View Post
    Leaving America asap if this thing gets passed. And Hundreds of thousands more will follow.
    Even if you leave, the sites that are shut down will stay shut down.

i dont live in the us but i sincerely hope that this bill doesnt get passed as im sure it will affect the rest of the world to some extent i used to live in a place(Dubai) where the isps/government blocked sites at their own free will Free Skype internet calls and cheap calls to phones online - Skype was blocked which is absolutely retarded from what i read it looks like this would be an american equivalent to the great wall of china or even worse there should be a better way to curb piracy
    Last edited by Evilsaint; 11-22-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Full-Blown communism after a while, this is just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykongking View Post
    ... i live in canada eh so were good 'ere
    Unfortunately, you will not be good since the US controls DNS and one way sites are shut down by removing their DNS entires. But that aside, if entire servers are taken down because of one bad file then ANYONE wanting to access anything on that server will be affected regardless of where they live. So if someone say modmyi is hosting something illegal, there goes the site, and every other site on the server. Living in Canada is no protection.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

What everybody fails to really recognize is that this government does what they want when they want. They're able to make loop holes wherever they want. We all have a false sense of independence and freedom, but when it comes down to it they can and will find a way to do what they'd like. Just because Apple and other major companies have decided to back out from supporting this bill doesn't mean that the government will not find others, even if it takes unheard about threats or payoffs. I know this post may seem a bit on the conspiracy side, but what I'm saying is true. They will do what they want and find a so-called "legit" way to do it IF they want it bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by xNEOxGENESISx View Post
    Leaving America asap if this thing gets passed. And Hundreds of thousands more will follow.
    eeeerrrrrrmmmm no they won't.
    Where do you plan on going if it gets passed?

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christodouluke View Post
    Honestly, some things u cant run from.. But i'd stick with Mars or the Moon. You'll probably have less problems living there - at least against the SOPA right?

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess a simple article is all it takes to get the crazies (conspiracy theorists) out from there bunkers. Put your tinfoil hats back on folks. It's not safe!

I really don't think this bill will get too far. There are so many corporations that will be affected. The gov't will be threatened with thousands of lawsuits claiming rights violations; and whose gonna pay the $$$$ in legal fees.

It's no conspiracy what the government is actually trying to do. It didn't at all stem from this article, I've been following this for weeks. Check out the bill. Enables full censorship of anything. To protect who? The RIAA and a few multi billion dollar companies. It's just the lead into full censorship. It would allow for DPI, deep packet inspection at the ISP level. Fully grasp this before calling it a conspiracy.

Deep packet inspection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And to put it shortly..it's a way for them to control hacking/pirating/DDos/man-in-the-middle attacks/buffer under/overflow attacks. It is what system is used in Iran and China.
    Last edited by prodigy; 11-22-2011 at 09:24 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to prodigy For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (11-22-2011)

Im sorry, @ CHShuldiner is who I meant, I find it funny you actually joined modmyi a few months ago and tell me to go where I came from. I recall joining this site when it was called modmyifone, did you just join this site because mommy and daddy got you a shiny new phone?
    Aw modmyifone! The good old days when you actually had to do some work to jailbreak your phone and installer ruled the world! I agree fully that most of the young guns on here just seem like they enjoy hearing themselves talk. I am still an avid visiter and comment every now and then, generally in defense of the writers when some English professor (turns out this community is full of them) decides to show everyone just how smart they are and start correcting spelling instead of posting worth while comments. I'm sure they're already scouring through this post to see if I've made any mistakes.

This won't get passed, even though I agree that the government doesn't give a rats a** about the bill of rights or the rest of the constitution. Much to big of a risk for the current political powers. And I highly doubt hundreds, let alone hundreds of thousands will leave if it does pass.

Here's a toast to all of those who remember jailbreaking iOS 1.1.1!!

Thank you @trevorrawson, I visit and remember the days as well. Before script kiddies thought they "***xor3d" their phones because they downloaded redsn0w. Slainte to 1.1 brother!

Edit: And now I can't say " H4ksored?"

Post Edit: When it did require h4cking though it kept the kids away. That and my first iPhone was about $500. I'm not even into it anymore because it got really easy and I just LOVED the first iPhone so much!
    Last edited by prodigy; 11-22-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christodouluke View Post
    I'll be leaving my hosting provider if this gets passed, and thousands WILL follow.
    Its a sure way to cripple another industry in an already failing economy.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    Aw modmyifone! The good old days when you actually had to do some work to jailbreak your phone and installer ruled the world! I agree fully that most of the young guns on here just seem like they enjoy hearing themselves talk. I am still an avid visitor and comment every now and then, generally in defense of the writers when some English professor (turns out this community is full of them) decides to show everyone just how smart they are and start correcting spelling instead of posting worth while comments. I'm sure they're already scouring through this post to see if I've made any mistakes.

This won't get passed, even though I agree that the government doesn't give a rats a** about the bill of rights or the rest of the constitution. Much too big of a risk for the current political powers. And I highly doubt hundreds, let alone hundreds of thousands will leave if it does pass.

Here's a toast to all of those who remember jailbreaking iOS 1.1.1!!
    Couldn't resist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast