+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Want to Save $200 On A MacBook Air for the Holidays?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple normally sells the 13 inch MacBook Air For $1299.00. Apple's MacBook Air lineup is one of the hottest. For this holiday season, why not give the one you love
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Want to Save $200 On a MacBook Air for the Holidays?

Apple normally sells the 13 inch MacBook Air For $1299.00.

Apple's MacBook Air lineup is one of the hottest. For this holiday season, why not give the one you love a brand new computer that they will love? This MacBook Air sports 128GB of solid state storage, 4GB or RAM, and a 1.7Ghz dual-core i5 processor. It's great for productivity such as college work, and it will be entertainment through web browsing, email, instant messaging, and light gaming. The MacBook Air won't handle heavy gaming because it comes with the standard Intel HD 3000 integrated CPU graphics.

The MacBook Air is an ultra-thin laptop that runs Mac OS X and will fit easily into any backpack or carrying bag. It's very light (about three pounds), and easy to take around places. It has a back-lit keyboard, 11 or 13 inch display, thunderbolt port, two USB ports, an SD card slot, and a FaceTime camera capable of recording in 720p. The battery will last all day, and will last an entire month if you leave it in sleep mode.

Apple normally sells the base model 13-inch MacBook Air for $1299.00. But for now, you can get the same exact model from Best Buy for just $1099.99. So if you know someone who's been wanting a MacBook Air for a long time, why not save $200 and get it from Best Buy instead of Apple? The ratings on the MacBook Air are 4.7/5, so you know it has a good review and a great name at that. It will also go well with an iOS device.

Pretty good deal if you ask me. The MacBook Air user satisfaction rating is off the chart. Flash storage is wonderfully fast and accompanying it is a zippy i5 processor. Will you be taking advantage of this deal? Share in the comments below!

Sources: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-20-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks
    Want to save $500? buy a PC. Just joking.
    Although the MacBook Air is very expensive :/

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    The price is actually very similar to pcs of the same class, especially with that discount (and this is coming froma die-hard PC guy).

Oh, by the way, this isn't their base model. The base model is $999, has half the ram, and half the HDD space.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-20-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Oh, by the way, this isn't their base model. The base model is $999, has half the ram, and half the HDD space.
    I know. This is written on the 13 inch.

There is no HDD.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    I was a PC user since 1995 untill I bought my MBA last year. Granted I have to run Parallels for a few programs, but I'd never go back.

It just works....

Smitty

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I got that model for college over the summer and it's simply the best computer I've ever used. I came from a 10 year old pc with windows xp, but my air is faster than my brother's pro from last year and it has a higher screen resolution to boot. If anyone was thinking about buying the macbook air but wasn't sure it was worth the price tag, it is, and even more so with the $200 savings.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice! I saved over $300 on my MBA over here is Australia!

Thanks

Mofolo, how, where?
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

May have to look into this.

Thanks

[B] was a PC owner for 10yrs my first was a Dell; actually my FIRST 2 Pc's where dells, in which i switched from Them to Gateway and then to a Toshiba. Then i finally switched to a iMac(2011)edition 21 incher & have never looked Back. Although i paid about the same Price for my Mac i don't think this is a bad deal. I'd jump on it./B]

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I want a macbook pro with 750 GB hard drive!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I know. This is written on the 13 inch.

There is no HDD.
    My bad. Meant SSD. After years of calling it an HDD it's a bit of ha it now.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Just picked one of these up. Sold my core2duo 11 inch for 800, so only $300 out of pocket for a pretty sweet upgrade (better processor, 2x RAM, 2X SSD space, and much more screen real-estate). Best Buy also gives you 4% cash back (amounts to $44) if you put it on your card (which you can immediately pay off right there in store if you choose).

Thanks

Just picked one of these up. Sold my core2duo 11 inch for 800, so only $300 out of pocket for a pretty sweet upgrade (better processor, 2x RAM, 2X SSD space, and much more screen real-estate). Best Buy also gives you 4% cash back (amounts to $44) if you put it on your card (which you can immediately pay off right there in store if you choose).
    Glad to hear this helped you. I've heard nothing but good comments from MacBook Air owners.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I love my new MacBook Air 13"

Nice dude!! I just picked one up too... Finally had enough money to make the switch from PC to a Mac lol, and I am loving it... Plus at BestBuy i got 18 months financing... Thanks to this story!!