+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iOS 4.4.3 (9A4051) For Apple TV Users

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Releases iOS 4.4.3 (9A4051) For Apple TV Users

Apple recently released a software update identified as version 4.4.3 for the Apple TV. As of right now, the changes included in the update are unknown.

The latest update for the Apple TV is labeled as 9A4051 and can now be updated directly from the device (an OTA update). Version 4.4.3 marks the third update that has arrived since the release of 4.4 and it suggests that it is a minor update, fixing issues in the Apple TV version 4.4 software update, which accompanied the launch of iOS 5 in October. Version 4.4 marked the big update providing users with features such as AirPlay Mirroring, Wall Street journal Live, National Hockey League Content, Photo Stream, and iTunes Trailers.

Apple also quietly added support for the iTunes Match service to the Apple TV earlier this month, without the need for a software update on the device. The iTunes Match service publicly launched last week with the release of iTunes 10.5.1.

You can download the firmware below or you can update it directly by navigating to Settings -> General -> Update Software -> Download and Install.

Download iOS 4.4.3 (9A4051) for the Apple TV 2G

As mentioned before - no release notes have been revealed by Apple but we’ll be sure to share anything interesting. If you’ve updated and found something interesting, let us know!

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Already? We just had an update a couple weeks ago.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This update added Netflix support to Latin American users. Not exactly aware of any other changes, but that's a sure one. This is the news from Netflix Latam: http://americalatinablog.netflix.com...exico-por.html (in Spanish)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Resolving Apple TV Update Error
    I'm getting the "This device isn't eligible for the requested build." error☹ I've tried using the update I downloaded here + the standard restore option in iTunes. Any ideas?

I discovered where my problem was.
    I previously added the following line to the host file on my computer:
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    This was to point my iPhone to Cydia instead of Apple.

Once I removed this line, the Apple TV updated
    Last edited by dstorrents; 11-18-2011 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Found solution