+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Asus, Acer Cut MacBook Air Competing Ultrabook Orders By 40%

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Aenima133 Better resolution, not by much. Better battery? lighter? faster? Ok. a dual core 1.6ghz processor vs a quad core 1.3ghz. I'll give you that. But all
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    Better resolution, not by much. Better battery? lighter? faster? Ok. a dual core 1.6ghz processor vs a quad core 1.3ghz. I'll give you that. But all that other crap is meaningless, and the last is probably not true. Not the mention the MBA is a laptop, with a full operating system for great useability and full functionality. The transformer has a mobile OS with much less functions and useability. If i wanted to go for something small like these, i'd go for the one that i can do more stuff on. I'd get a Computer, not a tablet with a keyboard. The Transformer Prime will never be able to fully compete in a Laptop or "Ultrabook" world because it just doesn't have the proper operating system. Hence my comment about windows 8.

You gave me everything I said, thats the entire machine, how is it meaningless there is nothing left to compare, might wanna rethink that statement. I have yet to see anything I cannot do on Android that my PC can do or the IOS or OSx for that matter. IOS and OSx are closed operating systems, they shun industry standards like flash and dlna, they do not let you do anything to improve the OS or the "user experience"

As for you comment about "simpletons" throwing their money on an ipad instead DOES make it a good product. The reason? Any business man will tell you a product that sell best is a good product. Plain and simple. If it was such a bad product, people wouldn't buy them. That's all there is to it.
    Good luck with that comment, it won't get you far in life. Appletons don't know good products because they aren't offered very much, so they take what they can get, they don't have the ability to discern what is good and what might be good for them so they go for a simple choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtf View Post
    Best selling iPhone ever? Yeah, people are really disappointed. Keep telling yourself that.

doesn't mean its a good product, just means people are that dumb or desperate.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Good luck with that comment, it won't get you far in life. Appletons don't know good products because they aren't offered very much, so they take what they can get, they don't have the ability to discern what is good and what might be good for them so they go for a simple choice.
    Suuuuuure. That's why I, and others like me, have switched from android and windows to iOS and Mac? Because i can't tell that windows is better, though I've been a windows use my entire life until a couple years ago. Yeah. that makes a lot of sense. We'll stick with that. I'm just a dumb apple user who doesn't know any better.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,923 Posts

I suppose all the people who purchase Apple products have failed in life.

Your comments are so entirely biased, and rather opinionated rather than factual. What advantages do these Ultrabooks have, and what are the disadvantages? What about Macbook Air? Line up the pros and cons of both, and count which one has more pros than cons. Even then, personal preference would play a role.

Your personal preference has no basis of fact in what is a reasonable purchase or not. Certainly though, how far people get in life isn't reliant on whether they buy a PC or Mac.

Edit: I think PC's are the "simple choice "though, no? Cheap with great specs, right?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

This is where your entire argument falls down. Price is a bigger dictator in product choice than any other factor. Especially with the economy as is. Yet Apple products being more expensive still sell well. It's not the simple choice but the expensive choice. Yet they still sell. There's something in that. A very big something.

Thanks

In fact i did a little more research, and the ONLY thing has better on it is the processor, the fact it's touch screen, and a secondary camera.

The resolution is almost the same. Almost is not the same. Nice try.

The MBA has twice as much RAM It needs it due to the bloated OS features, same size Harddrive. Same weight essentially, give a few grams, when compared to the Transformer Prime with dock.

Two USB vs one on the Prime, How many USB ports do you need on a laptop or tablet? ever heard of a usb hub?

and a thunderbolt port. Useless right now due to no product support.

Battery specs haven't been announced for the Prime, or atleast i can't find them. But it'll probably be close to the same if not worse than the MBA.
    How about NO, the Prime does 12 hrs on battery for the tablet, 18 with the dock, good luck getting anywhere close to that on a laptop

And the price difference is only $150. Your argument was actually so invalid, that I almost feel sorry for you. Please, next time you dis apple, do your homework. That is all.
    I'll take your $150 if its too much weight in your pocket

Every point you tried to make was invalid.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 11-10-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I also love how Android and "PC" users always like to talk mad, but then when a knowledgeable Mac and iOS user says something back, they just start saying we're ingorant, but never have any facts to back up their previous statements. They just attack apple users by saying we're ignorant and dumb, but they never really know jack about their product they cling to so much. Unlike you, apple users know about apple products and other products and that's how they have made the choice to switch to Mac because it's better. So stop being a self rightous, ignorant android whore and learn your tech before you start spitting bullall over the interwebs. Thank you, That is all. I'm done with your ludicrous babble.

Thanks

doesn't mean its a good product, just means people are that dumb or desperate.
    We can have productive, intellectual debates. Comments like these are the result of an inability to be factual and intellectual. It's also affecting the atmosphere. You can have an opinion, but insulting people becomes an issue in these forums. Please keep it clean and less offensive. Thank you.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 11-10-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks

Suuuuuure. That's why I, and others like me, have switched from android and windows to iOS and Mac? Because i can't tell that windows is better, though I've been a windows use my entire life until a couple years ago. Yeah. that makes a lot of sense. We'll stick with that. I'm just a dumb apple user who doesn't know any better.
    You must have been overwhelmed with the sheer number of choices Android offers, the larger number of extra features Android has over IOS, but hey stick with your 2 choices of phones, by the way do you get a free pair of glasses for that tiny little 3.5 inch screen, must give ya a bad headache.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'll take your $150 if its too much weight in your pocket

Every point you tried to make was invalid, wrong or just plain stupid. Try again.
    except one that you managed to remove. FULLY FUNCTIONING OPERATING SYSTEM! I'll take a Desktop OS verses a Mobile OS any day of the week dear sir or madam.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 11-10-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks

I also love how Android and "PC" users always like to talk mad, but then when a knowledgeable Mac and iOS user says something back, they just start saying we're ingorant, but never have any facts to back up their previous statements. They just attack apple users by saying we're ignorant and dumb, but they never really know jack about their product they cling to so much. Unlike you, apple users know about apple products and other products and that's how they have made the choice to switch to Mac because it's better. So stop being a self rightous, ignorant android whore and learn your tech before you start spitting bullall over the interwebs. Thank you, That is all. I'm done with your ludicrous babble.
    LMAO You're doing the exact same thing except you're a Mac fan.

Thanks

except one that you managed to remove. FULLY FUNCTIONING OPERATING SYSTEM! I'll take a Desktop OS verses a Mobile OS any day of the week dear sir or madam.
    What things would I not be able to do on my Android that you supposedly can do on your fully functioning OS, that I might add is just a closed proprietary ripoff from BSD.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You must have been overwhelmed with the sheer number of choices Android offers, the larger number of extra features Android has over IOS, but hey stick with your 2 choices of phones, by the way do you get a free pair of glasses for that tiny little 3.5 inch screen, must give ya a bad headache.
    I've held your Android's 4.3+ inch screen and it's horrible. I feel like i'm holding a small tablet. I can barely hold it. I WILL stay with my 3.5" screen because it suits me just fine. Any bigger than 4" and it's over kill. And personally, the iPhone 4/S is probably the MOST Beautiful peice of technology I've seen in a while. No other Android phone or phone in general has come close the beauty and class that the look of the iPhone 4/s offers. All your arguments are old hat. Find some new material.

I'm done arguing. There's no getting through to you. Let's agree to disagree ok? Thanks. And sorry Annie. I apologize and i got a little out of hand.
    Last edited by Aenima133; 11-10-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    This is where your entire argument falls down. Price is a bigger dictator in product choice than any other factor. Especially with the economy as is. Yet Apple products being more expensive still sell well. It's not the simple choice but the expensive choice. Yet they still sell. There's something in that. A very big something.
    Hey by all means, spend more money on a less featured product, not my problem, Also you will now see that Samsung has become the largest phone manufacturer in the world at this point in time, why? probably due to the huge amazing amount of choices they offer, the superior tech, the better OS.

Samsung takes over as world's biggest smart phone seller - Money - DNA

I've held your Android's 4.3+ inch screen and it's horrible. I feel like i'm holding a small tablet. I can barely hold it. I WILL stay with my 3.5" screen because it suits me just fine. Any bigger than 4" and it's over kill. And personally, the iPhone 4/S is probably the MOST Beautiful peice of technology I've seen in a while. No other Android phone or phone in general has come close the beauty and class that the look of the iPhone 4/s offers. All your arguments are old hat. Find some new material.

I'm done arguing. There's no getting through to you. Let's agree to disagree ok? Thanks. And sorry Annie. I apologize and i got a little out of hand.
    Grow bigger hands? its not really made for munchkins though, I can do everything with one hand on my 4+ inch screen, love the fact that I don't have to squint and wreck my eyes when viewing webpages. Hmm Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2, HTC Evo anything, Droid Razr, all look way better then the iphone and they don't shatter when dropped. Yes Im sorry, new tech is is overkill for Apple fans, they are used to being held back.
    Last edited by bry2k2; 11-10-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Hey by all means, spend more money on a less featured product, not my problem, Also you will now see that Samsung has become the largest phone manufacturer in the world at this point in time, why? probably due to the huge amazing amount of choices they offer, the superior tech, the better OS.

Samsung takes over as world's biggest smart phone seller - Money - DNA
    But now your using arguements that are not thought through. That article was made when Apple had not released a new phone for over a year. Before that they only released 1 new phone a year yet they are beating nearly all at a much higher price. People will only pay for quality, proof is with Apple products.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

people are funny. so what if I overpay for apple products. It comes down to what you like. everyone likes something different. hey if i want to spend 1k on a macbook, so what, got plenty of money to throw around. at the end of the day, the macbook air looks way better then any other laptop out there.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman Lee View Post
    people are funny. so what if I overpay for apple products. It comes down to what you like. everyone likes something different. hey if i want to spend 1k on a macbook, so what, got plenty of money to throw around. at the end of the day, the macbook air looks way better then any other laptop out there.
    +1

They really need to incorporate likes into these forum posts. lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    But now your using arguements that are not thought through. That article was made when Apple had not released a new phone for over a year. Before that they only released 1 new phone a year yet they are beating nearly all at a much higher price. People will only pay for quality, proof is with Apple products.
    The article was released "after" Apples pre order numbers were done on the 4s, by over two weeks. Quality? they why are they buying Apple? I could drag up the thousands of stories of ipods or phones catching on fire, the fact that apple doesn't give a crap about cosmetic defects in its products, but you seem set in your ways, good luck.

Thanks

+1

I said that at one point.
    Use the "Thanks" button instead!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

+1

+1 on that. haha.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pentatonic145 View Post
    Yeah - keep telling yourself that.
    Exactly what I was thinking. A good LOL on that one.