+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Almost Ready to Open Its Retail Doors at Grand Central Station

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
It's one of the most hotly anticipated retail openings in recent memory. Apple's retail store inside New York's Grand Central Terminal is almost finished and will be open in time
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Almost Ready to Open Its Retail Doors at Grand Central Station

It's one of the most hotly anticipated retail openings in recent memory. Apple's retail store inside New York's Grand Central Terminal is almost finished and will be open in time for the holiday shopping season. The architecturally striking store will cover a massive 23,000 square-foot range - roughly 3,000 square feet more than Apple's current biggest stores.

Although Apple has been low-key in its remarks about the forthcoming grand opening, the store could generate huge revenue for the company given the foot traffic it sees on a daily basis. Nearly three-quarters of a million people pass this location daily, and substantially more near the holidays. In addition, more than 20 million tourists pass through annually.

Employees at the new store are presently being trained ahead of the store's tentatively planned grand opening later this month (possibly in time for Black Friday sales in the early morning hours following the Thanksgiving holiday).

In case you're wondering, Apple is paying a pretty penny to have their new shop inside this New York City landmark. According to published reports, Apple is coughing up more than $1 million in rent annually, whereas the previous occupant was only charged $263,997.

Source: CNET

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so how many workers are they going to need to run that place.. i love my apple products but it sure is hard to get help in apple stores.. i always see 5 employees gathered in a small circle chit chatting

Thanks

Is Michael Jordan's restaurant still there? I was there a few years ago and it was breathtaking

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So is this one going to be 24 hours too? I hope it is.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    So is this one going to be 24 hours too? I hope it is.
    It should be considering trains are 24/7 and so are the people occupying the terminal

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

and they will be selling the same stuff all the other Apple stores sell... how is it any different?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    and they will be selling the same stuff all the other Apple stores sell... how is it any different?
    It's in ye old' grand central.