+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two Steve Jobs Interviews Re-Emerge - One Of Them In Select Theaters

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Two Steve Jobs Interviews Re-Emerge - One Of Them In Select Theaters

There have been a slew of Steve Jobs interviews surfacing recently and two more have resurfaced. From the series; Machine That Changed The World: The Program Paperback Computer a 50 minute Steve Jobs interview with outtakes has re-emerged. Furthermore, there seems to be another 70-minute “lost interview” which is actually hitting movie theaters in just a few weeks.

The Machine That Changed The World: The Program Paperback Computer interview can be seen below:

The 70-minute “lost interview” from 1995, featuring Steve Jobs and journalist Robert Cringley (which was just a pseudonym for Mark Stephens), has just reappeared and will be shown in select theaters as Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview. This interview was originally filmed for the “Triumph of the Nerds” PBS minseries. It was thought to have been lost after the master tapes went missing during shipping. Less than 10 minutes of footage was originally aired during the series but just last month, a VHS copy of the interview was found in London. It has been enhanced and restored since then. The footage is supposedly billed as the “best TV interview Jobs ever gave.” It is especially well-known for containing a section where the late Apple co-founder strongly criticizes Microsoft.

Mark Stephens, the journalist who was known by the pseudonym Robert Cringely, was actually one of the first employees at Apple. He met Jobs and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak at the Homebrew Computer Club in the 1970s and later ended up writing a column in Infoworld in the 1980s named The Cringely moniker. According to Cringely, the interview is best described as “a moment in time” because it captures Jobs during his “wilderness years. The interview was done at the time where NeXT, was in trouble after Jobs was ousted from Apple all while Apple was facing issues as well.

The film is produced by Paul Sen and not yet rated. It will screen on November 16th and 17th at the following Landmark Theaters:

You can watch some of the Triumph of the Nerds screenings below:

Are any of you going to be watching the "lost interview" in theaters? Share your thoughts and opinions of any of the Steve Jobs interviews you have already seen below!

Source: 9to5Mac

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Nothing like trying to make a few bucks of someone's death.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Nothing like trying to make a few bucks of someone's death.
    I'm surprised someone thinks people will pay money to go to a theater to watch some interview from 16 years ago. I could care less what Steve thought back then.
    Hmm...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    I'm surprised someone thinks people will pay money to go to a theater to watch some interview from 16 years ago. I could care less what Steve thought back then.
    I don't care enough to pay money to see what was intended for public domain... If it was online (and it will be) I'd watch it...

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll wait for it to come out on DVD

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Will go watch it in the theaters and then buy the dvd...

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Will go watch it in the theaters and then buy the dvd...
    Agreed! I will watch/pay for almost anything to learn more about Jobs!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

in india and srilanka and someother parts of south asia they shower puffed rice on dead bodies during there journey to the funeral and some people who are really poor collect the puffed rice on the streets and eat it! this is what is happening with steve jobs! all these people are trying to make some money off his dead body! so sad they made the same thing with michael jackson!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Okay this has gone to far. People need to let Steve go already. The man is gone.....we've spent more than enough time mourning him and recalling his achievements. It's like 2-PAC all over again.

Move on already.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Lolwut? An interview from the 90's BEFORE he did anything to save his failing company playing in a THEATER where they think someone will pay? ROFLMFAO. I LAUGH AT IT'S FUTURE MISFORTUNE!