+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CBS Turns Down Apple TV Streaming Service Over Proposition To Split Ad Revenue

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default CBS Turns Down Apple TV Streaming Service Over Proposition To Split Ad Revenue

Les Moonves of CBS recently revealed in an earnings call that his company was approached by Apple about a potential streaming TV service. Apple offered to share ad revenues with CBS, which is exactly what caused the network to decline the deal as they stated that they prefer to license their content. The folks over at GigaOm noted that Moonves (who serves as CBS’s CEO) made the comments in response to an analyst question on whether CBS would pursue partnerships with “success-based or non-guaranteed” streaming players.

Apple has been rumored to be working on a TV streaming service for quite some time now and this goes to show that they have been persistent. Rumors of an Apple television set have been rampant, especially after it was mentioned in Walter Isaacson’s Steve Jobs biography that Jobs “cracked the TV.” The deal with CBS shows that Apple is indeed going after media companies for agreements – which make the possibility of an Apple television set seem inevitable (assuming the TV streaming service would be integrated into the Apple television set). Furthermore, it was previously revealed that Jeff Robbin would be in charge of spearheading the project, which seems quite promising.

What do you think of the whole ordeal? Would you purchase an Apple television set if it was released? Share any thoughts and comments below!

Source: GigaOm

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

No reason to buy on for me. DVR/on demand combo has worked well and I don't see how an apple tv will make a difference. PLUS if they follow their typical pricing points it will be stupid expensive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    No reason to buy on for me. DVR/on demand combo has worked well and I don't see how an apple tv will make a difference. PLUS if they follow their typical pricing points it will be stupid expensive.
    Not to mention the features the 1st gen will be missing, only to be included in the TV released a year later.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Green Apple
    Thanks

I dunno. Having to jailbreak my television to watch pron doesn't appeal to me.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

These are the srots of decisions that make services like Hulu, Apple TV, etc. suck. They don't wan tto license the content because they want to make sure they have 100% control over everything (Apple is the same way). I'd pay $50 a month easy if services like Hulu had everything I wanted to watch available 24 hours after it airs (even with ads). It already takes me 45+ seconds to fast forward through ads on a DVR, for which I am already paying monthly just to be able to use.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

Too rich for my bloods, Cuzz I'm not made of $$$$...

Too rich for my bloods, Cuzz I'm not made of $$$$...

**** you...