+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook Leaving a Footprint at Apple

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Tim Cook replaced Steve Jobs as Apple's CEO this year. Steve Jobs was an awesome CEO. He did more for Apple than any CEO ever did for a company. But
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 808 Posts

Default Tim Cook Leaving a Footprint at Apple

Tim Cook replaced Steve Jobs as Apple's CEO this year.

Steve Jobs was an awesome CEO. He did more for Apple than any CEO ever did for a company. But Jobs is watching down over all of us, including Apple's new CEO, Tim Cook, who succeeded Jobs. One thing that's important to always remember is that Cook was closely mentored by Jobs and that many of the great things that Cook will do in the future will have been because of Jobs' mentoring. So hope is not lost. Cook took the stage at Apple's iPhone 4S unveiling and he did a great job without Jobs. Jobs was at home watching the private live stream of the event with a smile on his face as he watched the Apple team do a great job of introducing statistics and new products at the event. I also expect nothing less from the future of the Apple employees.

So how is Tim Cook doing?
    Overall it looks great. Tim Cook is a modest man; he is quiet and talks very slowly and clearly. You will always know what Cook is talking about because he won't talk with big non-understandable words at a rate of a mile per minute. Cook, like Jobs, has a talent at providing information and is a great speaker.

Cook took over at Apple after Jobs resigned from his chair saying that his health problems are finally bringing up that time where he needed to start laying low. Jobs was able to remain in the board, however not as the CEO. Since Cook has taken over the throne at Apple, there have been some incredible new releases. Just to name a few:

Hardware:
    • iPhone 4S
    • White iPod touch
    • MacBook Pro refresh (faster processors; late 2011)
    Software:So Cook has been in control for the release of these new services and products. All which happened while Jobs watched comfortably from home during the unveiling of many of them. So far, many of them are hits. Find My Friends has been used to find people cheating on their spouses. iOS 5 has brought many wanted features to iOS, and Cards makes sending thank you and holiday cards less of a hassle than ever before. Although Apple may have a long schedule for the future planned out from before Jobs' death, I do believe that even following the schedule's expiry date, Cook will continue to help Apple release new innovating products. Jobs once stated how it doesn't take a good leader to maintain a good company, but it takes a good team. Apple has both. They are golden.

The Wall Street Journal reports that Tim Cook is a warm and caring leader. He doesn't blow off employees; in fact he's very hands-on with them. He likes to know what's going on and he likes to make sure everyone's on the same page:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street Journal
    In recent weeks, Mr. Cook has tended to administrative matters that never interested Mr. Jobs, such as promotions and corporate reporting structures, according to people familiar with the matter. The new chief executive, 50 years old, has also been more communicative with employees than his predecessor, sending a variety of company-wide emails while addressing Apple employees as "Team," people close to the company said.
    Cook is leaving his footprint at Apple. He may never get the same reputation as the man who started and salvaged a failing Apple earlier in its life, but Cook will keep it going. For a long time. What do you think about the new CEO of Apple, Tim Cook? He has a lot on his shoulders being introduced to so many new responsibilities. He also faces harsh criticism from many. Leave your thoughts about Tim Cook below!

Sources: MacRumors
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-01-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

As far as Tim Cook... I wish him all of the luck in the world. I am not saying he isn't doing a good job however he just isn't Steve Jobs. I am sure he will do a GREAT job for Apple and in time we will all see if he continues to do as well as Steve did. Its also nice to know that Tim is a warm and caring leader and doesn't blow off employees!

Thanks

Good Luck to Tim, going to be a lot of pressure, following Steve. I think Apple is in good hands though. Steve prepared his company for everything, even him being gone. Everyone at Apple will make Steve proud!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Cool. Tim Cook sounds like a great CEO!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Truly GREAT leadership is about your legacy - what you leave in those around you. I believe Jobs final words were for his legacy to his family, his legacy to his company, and his legacy to the world. That said, Apple is in good hands with Tim Cook - whose promotion was a conscious decision made by the man with the plan.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stumbows View Post
    WOW it must be a slow news day! Listing bullet points of products released while he has been CEO. Even if those products had been in the works for quite sometime. I kept reading through the article hoping there would be something remotely interesting at some point but OMG how can I get that 2 mins of my life back!!!!
    So, you don't care about Tim Cook? Then why did you even read it? The article was about how he treats employees and why he's right for the job, yet you point out the smallest aspect of the article. humph.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think Tim Cook will do just fine as C.E.O. of Apple.Remember who put him in that position (Steve Jobs).If he's good enough for Steve, than he's good enough for me.Rock on Tim Cook!P.S. You are truly missed Steve.Thank you so much for enriching our lives.I am so glad that I was born to witness such wonder and creativity in the world of Steve Jobs.God bless you and your Family!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

In the end, the products and services will speak for themselves

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charliebee View Post
    Oops wrong site. That was written for iFanboy.com... right?
    You must be looking for ModMyAndroid.com. In case you haven't noticed, this is a site for Apple news and products...

Quote Originally Posted by ChSchuldiner View Post
    So, you don't care about Tim Cook? Then why did you even read it? The article was about how he treats employees and why he's right for the job, yet you point out the smallest aspect of the article. humph.
    He obviously didn't read it, he just glanced at it and wrote a quick reply to voice his displeasure at the fine folks at MMi for obviously twisting his arm and forcing him to come to this site....
    Last edited by Donnutt; 11-01-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Nobody will ever replace Steve Jobs, of course! But somebody has got to take over what Steve has left behind, and hopefully Tim Cook is the one to keep Apple alive. iPhone next year was also worked on by Steve, what's come to my concern is what the following year (2013) will bring in terms of iPhone (and Macbooks/OS X). That is the true test for Tim Cook, IMO. T

Nobody will ever replace Steve Jobs, of course! But somebody has got to take over what Steve has left behind, and hopefully Tim Cook is the one to keep Apple alive.

iPhone next year was also worked on by Steve, what's come to my concern is what the following year (2013) will bring in terms of iPhone (and Macbooks/OS X). That is the true test for Tim Cook, IMO.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    You must be looking for ModMyAndroid.com. In case you haven't noticed, this is a site for Apple news and products...

He obviously didn't read it, he just glanced at it and wrote a quick reply to voice his displeasure at the fine folks at MMi for obviously twisting his arm and forcing him to come to this site....
    How is your comment less trolling than mine? I don't own any Android products but many from Apple. I also enjoy modding them and that's why I come to this site. With that said I don't see why I would't be able to comment on the way a given article is written, whether it be good or bad. I know that I would appreciate my readers feedback being in that position, even when it can often be negative. That's how you better yourself.

Focusing on this particular article, I was interested in the subject and that's why I read it. Unfortunately I, as many others apparently, found it without much substance. If you take it as a whole, only three sentences and a quote refers to the source article, the rest is only preaching about our dear god Steve Jobs and how everything that came and will come out of Apple is its sole accomplishment. I don't believe that to be true and it annoys me when writters seems to have lost any reasoning sense, hence the fanboy reference. I thought maybe it would have him realize that's it's a little bit much.

I'm not spitting on him, I'm not spitting on ModMyi, I'm only commenting on the article, as we are so encouraged to do at the end of everyone of them.

PS: Did somebody force you to read the comments?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Final warning: do not divert from the topic and attack each other about trolling. Comment on the article topic only, take disputes outside of public threads.